Jim's Status

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the huge amounts of support and encouraging thoughts and prayers!

My Father and I spent a couple of days down in Houston with my Brother Jim. The facility (TIRR Herman) is unbelievable! It's top-notch and rated #4 in the entire country. With their super professional and friendly staff, it's quite obvious why they've earned the rank.

Jim's days are filled with rehab activities. He attends multiple Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy classes throughout the day. In our last P.T. session, Jim was standing completely upright, with the assistance of a chair that gradually stood him up. For over 20 minutes, Jim was able to flex and use his leg and feet muscles while maintaining a good heart pressure. Jim has been at TIRR for about a week and has already begun moving his biceps/triceps in both arms. He has gained movement in his right wrist/hand and fingers.

TIRR ordered a new MRI and has decided that he will need a neck/spinal surgery next week. The operation is a neck fusion, where they remove the portion of the spine that's pinching the spinal-cord. The removed bone is then replaced with bone from the hip. Although the operation may set Jim back for a couple weeks, Doctors believe the operation will allow him to make a more complete recovery.

Jim’s benefit race is tonight and he wanted to be there more than anything in world. The thoughtfulness and support from everyone has blown him away and I can truly tell you all that it's deeply appreciated.

I thank all of you for keeping Jim and his family in your prayers. I believe it's your kindness that pushes Jim to want to recover, just so he can be back at the track to personally thank each and every one of you.

God Bless all of you!

-Mario Scribellito (Jim's little brother)

The Racer's Prayer:

Lord, I pray as I race today,

Keep me safe along the way.

Not only me, but the others too,

As they perform the jobs they do.

I know God, that in every race,

I, the driver must set the pace.

Let not my desire for more speed,

Warp my judgment and turn into greed.

From green to checkered, guide me through.

Giving me strength to know what to do.

Remind me often in the race of life,

How to cope with all the strife.

Help me accept the wins I may receive,

And all the defeats, most graciously.

Ride with me, don't allow me to lag,

Guide me all the way to the checkered flag.

Mario,

You probably dont know who I am but, I met your brother after he first arrived here after purchasing the track. I was instantly drawn to his driven and friendly, "I can do attitude" Needless to say we have became friends along with several other hundreds of folks around here. He is just a great guys all around, and one of the most focused and driven people I have ever met in my 44 years. If there is any possible way a human being can recover from this, he will make it back! He is definatly a brother to be proud of and a person that I am honored to call my friend.

The benefit race last night was packed, there were people everywhere, It was really neat to see all the kids come onto the race track and trick or treat the drivers, I really enjoyed seeing all the kids costumes as we gave out candy. I hope its a new tradition at Shady Oaks Speedway.

Victor Lindsey

#21 limited driver

Mario,

You probably dont know who I am but, I met your brother after he first arrived here after purchasing the track. I was instantly drawn to his driven and friendly, "I can do attitude" Needless to say we have became friends along with several other hundreds of folks around here. He is just a great guys all around, and one of the most focused and driven people I have ever met in my 44 years. If there is any possible way a human being can recover from this, he will make it back! He is definatly a brother to be proud of and a person that I am honored to call my friend.

The benefit race last night was packed, there were people everywhere, It was really neat to see all the kids come onto the race track and trick or treat the drivers, I really enjoyed seeing all the kids costumes as we gave out candy. I hope its a new tradition at Shady Oaks Speedway.

Victor Lindsey

#21 limited driver

Nice! I like the trick or treat too. Espicially the custome that glowed neon green! ;)

Mario~

It was nice to meet you (and your dad) at TIRR's this past week.

Even nicer to see in the week since we had seen Jim that he had changed so much

We are stopping by hopefully Saturday late afternoon again and cannot wait to see the new things Jim has accomplished this week

FYI Joseph won the heat race last and the feature!!!!

Archived