Thanksgiving Classic at Southern National canceled

Thanksgiving Classic at Southern National canceled

NAPLES ME (October 28 2009) Pro All Stars Series (PASS) President Tom Mayberry announced today that the touring short track sanctioning body will not promote a non-points Thanksgiving weekend event at Southern National in Kenly, North Carolina.

“It was a difficult decision for us,” according to Mayberry, “As a series, we don’t like to cancel previously announced events. But we felt that the current economic climate and the impending auction of the property shortly before the scheduled race date would make it difficult for us to promote a successful Thanksgiving Classic at this time. I want to thank Kirk Leone, Mike Bushee, Becky Boone and the Wake County Speedway staff for working with us this season, and I hope that we may bring the Pro All Stars back to Southern National in the future.”

The Pro All Stars Series will announce its 2010 PASS North and South schedules in the very near future. Please visit PASS on the web at www.racewithpass.com or www.proallstarsseries.com . for the latest news and schedule updates.

Archived