Halloween Havoc

i37DirtTrackMama

I-37 Raceway would like to encourage our racers and fans to participate in this Saturdays "Halloween Havoc" that is going to take place at Shady Oaks Speedway this Saturday evening. It is a benefit race that is being done for the Jim Scribellito and family to help with medical expenses after his racing accident this summer. The list of events is on their website of shadyoakspeedway.com.

See you there.

If you've had the chance to read one of the threads on the SOS forums, there's been a lot of energy building around the benefit at SOS in the last three days for the Pure Stock Class with several 2009 Class Champs running in the group. There will be the STS champ, the two SOS Champ contendors, Gator Champ, TRP Champ, and the multi-year Texas Grand winner, all running together. I was hoping that somehow Marc Roy aka SPEEDRACER24 would get in on this one to represent I37. I believe last I read a while back was that Marc's motor was blown. If that is still the case maybe there is a chance for a loaner car for him for 1 night...... Marc, any chance of you running in this one as the 2009 I37 Track Champion?

And, very nice of I37DirtTrackMama to post this thread encouraging support. I jumped on this one also even though I've worked primarily with Texana, given the very important focus it has as a benefit.

Monty thanks for the invitation. I would love to run it but I have neither the motor (being built) or the gear to run down there unless I use my 9". I'd love to run tho had planned on it untill the squirrel got in the motor...I do however plan on being down there to support the Scribs one way or the other...

Marc

Halloween Havoc

Event Information

Those that want to come in on Friday may camp in the pits at no charge.

Pit Gates Opening @ 2pm!

Pit Pass $25

Race Entry $35

Spectator Gates Opening @ 2pm!

Spectator Concessions Open @ 4pm!

Barbeque Plates starting @ 2pm until food runs out!

Oldies Car Show @ 2pm on Spectator Side!

Drivers meeting @ 5:15pm

Hot Laps @ 5:30

Races Start @ 6:00pm sharp

Trick or Treating @ Half-time for the kids!

(Drivers remember to bring candy for the kids!)

If you have any questions feel free to contact Laurie or Brian

Wanted to say that its awesome that some of i37s best will be there. Feel real bad that we won't be going but wish everyone a safe and fun weekend. please let everyone know cassie that hesler motorsports is there with everyone.

Brian wore out and all took a couple minutes to catch up on this board but instead of posting asked to have the following info posted.

First he is proud of each team that plans to pull through the pits to help put on what appears to be the areas biggest racing show of the year! He is asking also to not be shy and get to the track much earlier then normal. The lines could get long waiting to get in. He was planning to start selling tickets at 2pm but that is now out the door. He is selling pit passes early and often so leave yourself some extra time to sit in the pits having fun instead of parked outside waiting. This is a big request of him. Secondly because so many are coming from a long ways this weekends events are going to happen. Plan on it! The track is 100% prepped and ready depending on how much if any of the R stuff falls on it Friday. Friday afternoon the threat is over and we are rocking!

As far as the pure stock class goes. Most of the rest of the classes the rules mesh with all other tracks so there isnt any concerns there. But pure stock is alittle different. The majority of cars coming are from South Texas Speedway, Texana/Shady Oaks Speedway and the Houston area Tracks. The Tx Grand held in Houston every year extends an invitation every year to the Pure Stocks of this area to run in the Thunder Bomber/Hobby class using their own track rules. So SOS is returning the favor. There are alot of additional cars coming from I37, Thunder Hill Speedway, possibly some from College Station and Kileen regardless of were you are from you must fit yourself into the correct class this weekend. You need to bring your rules you run under so you can be teched as such. Its not SOS's responsibility if you plan to bring a gun to a knife fight!

With that being said the tracks listed above do have differences between each other. Some weight 3200, some run 4 barrell carbs, some run 10" wheels, some run dirt boss racing tires, some run racing shocks and the list goes on and on. Nobody knows who has the advantage over the others rules package but its manditory you cant mix match rules between tracks. Run your package and support where your from and why you are racing this event! Represent in other words but with this being said if you run an upper class with your car and are trying to cherry pick from this lesser class car event you will be moved up into super stock unless you can proove you have removed the performance parts not allowed in the Houston Hobbies or this areas Pure Stockers, example: Performance Heads, roller rockers, weight jack will get you moved up. Again SOS wants as many competitors as possible but not at the expense of cheating those that normally run in this type of class. If you have a concern you do need to bring this up at pretech with the technical inspector prior to racing. Its almost too late to start emailing questions now so just load up and come you will be racing know matter what.

On a personal note we are very lucky to have such a fine racing facility I challenge not only myself and my team but the rest of the SOS family to be great hosts this weekend. Lots of people are coming to have fun and enjoy what this is all about. It can be easy to get caught up in all of the racing stuff so lets put our best foot forward as a group and show the State of Texas what Shady Oaks Speedway is all about! Good Luck to everyone!

Archived