Short Track Nationals Postponed to November 5-7

Short Track Nationals Postponed to November 5-7

by Lonnie Wheatley

TULSA, Okla. (October 27, 2009) – Due to inclement weather, I-30 Speedway's 22nd Annual Short Track Nationals presented by Hoosier Tires in Little, AR, has been postponed to the rain date of November 5-7.

Excessive rain over the early portion of the week with more expected over the next several days has forced the postponement of the $15,000-to-win, $2,200-to-start event originally slated for October 29-31.

With 121 entries from 23 different states from coast to coast already submitted, the Lucas Oil Sprint Cars presented by K&N Filters will now take to I-30 Speedway's high-banked, ¼-mile clay oval next Thursday through Saturday (November 5-7) after a Wednesday night, November 4, Test 'N Tune Session.

Additional information regarding the American Sprint Car Series is available at www.ascsracing.com, with more information regarding Little Rock's I-30 Speedway at www.i-30speedway.com.

Ya, it was a bummer with the rescheduling, and as it turns out, right now in Little Rock (at race time on Thursday) there's a tornado watch, severe weather in the area, and even with all of the rain, they're still saying maybe another 4 or so inches of rain before it moves out sometime tomorrow.

Good news is, the long range forecast is sunny and 60's through next weekend...at the moment.

Hopefully we can get in these last 3 big races without any more weather drama so the season can end up on a good note.

It's been a logisitical nightmare for many involved in these events...fans included.

Archived