Shady Oaks’ “Halloween Havoc” to benefit injured track owner

Halloween Havoc Doubling as Benefit for Injured Track Owner - Fast Approaching at Shady Oaks Speedway

by Monty Chamberlain

Goliad, Texas (October 26, 2009) - Excitement is building in the air as the countdown to October 31st and the Halloween Havoc at Shady Oaks Speedway in Goliad is fast approaching. A long held tradition at Shady Oaks Speedway during the 90’s, the 2009 Havoc will be the first held in almost a decade.

While the rebirth of the Havoc is news to celebrate in itself, what’s of special noteworthiness is the fact that the 2009 Havoc will dual as a benefit event for injured track owner Jim Scribellito. Jim, wife Laurie and their two children moved... Read more

[Note: This was written by Monty Chamberlain, who plays a major management role at Texana Raceway Park, a track that most would view as a "rival" track to Shady Oaks Speedway. This speaks volumes about the spirit of cooperation and respect that exists in the Texas Racing community.]

Nick - Thank you for posting this and for your nice comments. We each have something we can offer to this benefit event, and I was just honored to be able to offer the limited talent I have in some sort of way... We're hoping many of the local papers that we sent the article to will pick it up. This should be a fantastic benefit event for the Scribellito's... Thx again

-Monty Chamberlain

i have had the pleasure of meeting monty .. i got a good impression of him that night at his house ....... points sytem one to ten ..ten ..great person .......... monty im getting off of work early saterday .so i can come up and join in the fun ..jesse is planning on bringing his bomber to let his younger son have a shot on the dirt .... only one thing .he hasnt ran dirt before and is going to have a tough time keeping his face shield clean .no pull offs ..should be fun and funny ..i dont know if i am going in the pits or in the stands ..we will see ........ i will be dressed up as me .thats scary enough ..lol......... i will be bringing some candy ..got to make reb happy .he likes reeses .

Will be good to see you Mike. We'll look you up. You can come out on the track and help Lauren hand out candy from her car.. ;) .... Lot of folks behind the scenes sure been working hard on this event... Lot's of good things planned.... something sure to appeal to everyone.... Sure hoping for a great event for the track owners....

i have had the pleasure of meeting monty .. i got a good impression of him that night at his house ....... points sytem one to ten ..ten ..great person .......... monty im getting off of work early saterday .so i can come up and join in the fun ..jesse is planning on bringing his bomber to let his younger son have a shot on the dirt .... only one thing .he hasnt ran dirt before and is going to have a tough time keeping his face shield clean .no pull offs ..should be fun and funny ..i dont know if i am going in the pits or in the stands ..we will see ........ i will be dressed up as me .thats scary enough ..lol......... i will be bringing some candy ..got to make reb happy .he likes reeses .

Mike,

Look me up. I'll be in the stands somewhere.

rosie cant make it .i smashed my finger in a car door today .at work .and have to make a report and go do the blank test over a little cut ..the door that smashed my finger belong to my jeep ..... made me mad .it was my typing finger the one you point at poeple with .....no not the pointed your number one finger ......the test part is what is really makeing me mad .over alittle cut .................... whats this world comeing to ..

Archived