TBS @ HOT

Sarge

Aaron,

Thanks for the info!

Please give me a blow by blow of the weekend when you can. I wish I could have been there to root for Dangerous Duane. Hope you all are well and safe.

Stay safe ya'll, I will be home on leave the end of Feb.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

I'll give you a few details Sarge. AWESOME! Weekend didn't start too good. Was looking a little shakey at best. Ran heats and qualifiers on Friday night. Started 5th in heat and finished 5th. Track was super slick. It was pretty much survival mode. Started 9th in first qualifier and on 2nd lap hit one of those huge "ruts" going into turn 3 and car "launched" and broke an upper ball joint which cut the brake line also. So my night was done. Came back Saturday and started 11th in first qualifier and finished 3rd. Car was a rocket. Somewhat survival mode and was just shooting for a top 6 so could get into A main. Well, started 18th in A main and it was a rockem-sockem, heavy weight slug fest! Had made it up to 7th spot at lap 18, but then got a little too greedy and went to outside to pass and got real loose. Lost a couple of spots and finished 10th! Overall, the most fun I've had in a racecar in a long, long time! Couldn't have had any more fun - only thing missing was Terry.

Ok.. now that i am not driving down I35.. i can type a little more on the weekend...

First off the people to thank...

One that you can't thank enough Terry... You may not of been there, however if anyone looks at my phone you will see a bunch of Text's back and forth on setting up the #02 hotrod... We unloaded fast... and if you go back and look at the changes that we made on the car the entire weekend... there were only 3... why.. because you do your homework & know your stuff.. As they say Race starts in the shop when you do it right there.. the Track part is easy..

#2... the driver of the #02 Duane.. you showed your a seasoned Vet at Waco on your first start at that track.. Not once did you loose your composure.. even when the odds were against you.. You drove up thru tough fields of competition to make the show, not on horsepower, or wide tires, but on skill.. Proud to be in your corner all weekend!

#3 Joey & JC.. both of you showing up and jumping in to help get the #02 out for hotlaps on saturday.. Brakes are important to have.. we thought we only had everything we needed when we went back to the track to repair saturday's damage.. however more showed up just before hotlaps.. & both of you jumped in to with few mins left to make it to pull it off and get D out there to get a handle on a different track all together than we had Fri night.

Lets not forget Tracy... she play'd an important role.. keep duane distracted so he doesn't drive himself nutz over thinking the weekend!!

and Mona for the use of the 4 wheeler... 1 trip to the line up board and back was 2/3's of a mile to put that in perspective.. thats 2 laps around THR!! it was a packed place with almost 240 cars there on Fri night.. and near 275 on Sat night.. it was no doubt a full house..

Awesome weekend and sure am glad i got to be a part of it...

Thanks for the updates guys!

Wish I could have been there to see it. Congrats on the great run Duane!

So..... is there going to be a bigger TBS presence on dirt next year? Is Aaron going to make his dirt track debut?

Stay safe through the off season, I might be home in time for the opening of TTS' season.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

That was before the B feature. And it was the same afterwards. Not a mark. Did get a little damage on the right front during the A main, but nothing a hammer and flat edge couldn't fix. D.

And Sarge, as far a Big A - he's still not sure what he's going to do. Got the offseason to think about it.

And TBS, well let's just say stay tuned!

well, there's a reason why his car looks like that when he gets home... he's found out the real secret to "Turtle" wax... not only does it shine it up a bit, but allowes everyone else to bounce off that protective "shell".... guess ya missed a spot on the right front :o

-shawn

Archived