TBS Racing's Night @ HOT Speedway

Wow, what a night of racing @ HOT Speedway in Waco last night. Let's hope for a better night tonight! I started 5th in heat and finished 5th. (And yes, Terry - I FINISHED!) HA! Started 7th in first qualifier and that's when things went downhill. On the 2nd or 3rd lap, was going underneath a couple of cars (3 wide) coming out of turn 2 and going down the backstretch made the pass successfully. Car was a rocket! Then hit one of the MASSIVE ruts in turn 3 and the car litterally went airborne. Came down and broke a right front upper ball joint - which then cut the brake line. So my night was done. Will have to do better in one of the B mains in order to make it to the A! D.

The results are in!!!! First of all, many thanks go out to alot of people who helped get my car race ready - Terry and Joey and Aaron and JC, you guys rock! Started 18 in A main and car was a rocket! Can't tell you how many times I was 3 wide on the bottom and car would come out of corners on a rail. Just awesome! Finished 10. Had made it up to 7th by lap 18, but got too greedy and overdrove turn 3 and a couple of those "limited late models" got back by me. (BTW, Terry -I finished!) Many many thanks to everyone who helped. D.

Duane, CONGRADULATIONS

I had no doubt you would finish good as long as you didnt break. Maybe I am the jinx because if I'm not there you seem to do better. Sorry I wasnt there but you still had a good crew to help and support you. Even thou I wasnt there I was still cheering for you.

Ok.. now that i am not driving down I35.. i can type a little more on the weekend...

First off the people to thank...

One that you can't thank enough Terry... You may not of been there, however if anyone looks at my phone you will see a bunch of Text's back and forth on setting up the #02 hotrod... We unloaded fast... and if you go back and look at the changes that we made on the car the entire weekend... there were only 3... why.. because you do your homework & know your stuff.. As they say Race starts in the shop when you do it right there.. the Track part is easy..

#2... the driver of the #02 Duane.. you showed your a seasoned Vet at Waco on your first start at that track.. Not once did you loose your composure.. even when the odds were against you.. You drove up thru tough fields of competition to make the show, not on horsepower, or wide tires, but on skill.. Proud to be in your corner all weekend!

#3 Joey & JC.. both of you showing up and jumping in to help get the #02 out for hotlaps on saturday.. Brakes are important to have.. we thought we only had everything we needed when we went back to the track to repair saturday's damage.. however more showed up just before hotlaps.. & both of you jumped in to with few mins left to make it to pull it off and get D out there to get a handle on a different track all together than we had Fri night.

Lets not forget Tracy... she play'd an important role.. keep duane distracted so he doesn't drive himself nutz over thinking the weekend!!

and Mona for the use of the 4 wheeler... 1 trip to the line up board and back was 2/3's of a mile to put that in perspective.. thats 2 laps around THR!! it was a packed place with almost 240 cars there on Fri night.. and near 275 on Sat night.. it was no doubt a full house..

Awesome weekend and sure am glad i got to be a part of it...

Archived