Pictures and Story from our Enid Race....

I just read Brendas recap...pretty much how it went... I can tell you what I did learn from this race....you need an army of helpers to really be competitive...we just could not keep up with everything... the sunday race was really dusty...so bad that it plugged the air filter up and the car started running bad (in the c feature). There were no filler classes..so most races were 5 min. apart... I took off the air cleaner and blew out the air bleeds on the carb...then put the dirty filter back on...lol Didnt even notice it....found it later when it collapsed...oops... Now...what really suprised me was how bad tire wear was...I went thru 2 left front tires sunday...Tricia was having more tires mounted for the A feature..but somehow got the wheels for the Camaro...so...when we went to put new tires on they didnt fit..lol So...after all that I decided to pull off early before I had a wreck..since 3 of my tires were bald...one has the cords showing...lol All in all...It was alot of Fun but man... I am tired...and ran more laps on car in one weekend than I have all year...one more thing...I need to thank my wife and daughter...they were great...and I am pretty sure we were the smallest team to make the feature...now I just need to make sure tricia can tell the difference between 4 3/4 and 5x5...lol...but I could not have asked for a better crew...also need to thank Dale Caswell ans Scott stubbs...they helped at the shop alot......and no one even made a comment on the "new" look for the 52 car? Was sure weird having fenders..lol (there just in the way) Thanks everyone...AJ

Enjoyed getting the text updates from Brenda throughout the weekend. I was getting updates at the football game on Friday night and was thinking, wow, he's gonna make it into the A tonight... But, just think, you'd of never gotten in all that extra seat time if you'd of made it in on Friday night. Sounds like a very good small army you had with ya. Glad y'all are back safe and sound, and thanks again Brenda for the text updates over the weekend.

I just read Brendas recap...pretty much how it went... I can tell you what I did learn from this race....you need an army of helpers to really be competitive...we just could not keep up with everything... the sunday race was really dusty...so bad that it plugged the air filter up and the car started running bad (in the c feature). There were no filler classes..so most races were 5 min. apart... I took off the air cleaner and blew out the air bleeds on the carb...then put the dirty filter back on...lol Didnt even notice it....found it later when it collapsed...oops... Now...what really suprised me was how bad tire wear was...I went thru 2 left front tires sunday...Tricia was having more tires mounted for the A feature..but somehow got the wheels for the Camaro...so...when we went to put new tires on they didnt fit..lol So...after all that I decided to pull off early before I had a wreck..since 3 of my tires were bald...one has the cords showing...lol All in all...It was alot of Fun but man... I am tired...and ran more laps on car in one weekend than I have all year...one more thing...I need to thank my wife and daughter...they were great...and I am pretty sure we were the smallest team to make the feature...now I just need to make sure tricia can tell the difference between 4 3/4 and 5x5...lol...but I could not have asked for a better crew...also need to thank Dale Caswell ans Scott stubbs...they helped at the shop alot......and no one even made a comment on the "new" look for the 52 car? Was sure weird having fenders..lol (there just in the way) Thanks everyone...AJ

Thanks for the Entertainment / Sounds like Ya ll had a good time . Count me in for the pitt crew for next year ..

Archived