LAFONT RACING!

Crazyhorse

i grew up watching bobby lafont race then began racing against the same guy i had admired as a spectator.

watched his son grow up to be a fine young man....(actually watched him grow up). then watched him progress into the driver he is now,,,and that is one hell of a driver.

you guys brought your A game all year , worked your asses off and now clint has his first track championship.

i gave it (we) gave it that we had and it just wasn't enough. you guys went above and beyond earning this and deserve it.

i'm a racer,,,,,i don't like loosing.......but in this situation it was my pleassure.

CONGRATS GUYS!

I agree with Nick. The respect shown by Shawn Paul and the Super Stock drivers is also appreciated by the THR staff. It really does make our jobs much easier.

We'll be submitting the final results to ASA by 5P tomorrow, and then we all get to wait to see how Clint finishes up in the national championship standings. I can't help but wish that a Thunderhill Raceway driver captures the coveted title again this year!

Shawn your such a sweetheart.

And you also have grown into a really great driver.

And you (and crew) worked your butts of yesterday and made both those races after having some big troubles in practice.

And I will second what Debbie said.

And Congrats to the whole Lafont family. Well deserved.

I agree, great to have watched Clint become the champion he is. I have raced many years with Bobby and now to see Clint win the title too is pretty cool. Father and son champs a pretty damn cool deal! Way to go #3!

also, big hell yeah to 2009 rookie of the year #99 "The Lawdog" Chase Stapp, good job guys..

Shawn,

I can't tell you how much of a pleasure it was racing you for a championship. It was truely a dream come true. I remember watching you and my dad fight for championships and never thought I would make it to that point. Like I always say "I learned from the best". Thank you for the challenge and an experience of a life time.

Everyone in the super stock class has proven to be top class racers and this season proved that. The quality of racing is far above any other class/series in this area and that is what makes it so great.

Thanks to the track as well for making the racing experience so much better for everyone. All the hard work you guys put into this season is really apprecieated by everyone!

Thank you,

Clint LaFont #3

Congrats Clint. You the Man. I really enjoyed my first year racing with everyone. Love the class of people. You should be very proud of yourself. You deserve the championship. You and your crew worked very hard for it. Consistency is the key and you had it all year. Concrats again...J.C. Pilcher

Archived