Championship Night at I-37 Raceway, September 25

tqj3

As it happens, Jim Knudtson called a few minutes ago and said that as of now, we should be able to get the event in. The track has gotten some rain, which is good, but we don't need much more.

We're planning to run the Front Runners, Pure Stocks, Street Stocks, Limited Late Models and a non-sanctioned race for the Sport Mods, who have already finished their championship.

We're inviting everyone to this shindig, and we've gotten a few calls from folks who are coming and bringing friends and family. We'd like for the Mods to show; if enough are here, they will have an enhanced purse. (No, I don't know what the purse will be. Tell me how many Mods will actually show up, and we'll give you a better idea.)

The weather forecast shows the wet stuff moving north even now and clearing out tomorrow.

We'll have an update at about five o'clock this evening.

Stay tuned...

It's not raining at the track, and they are working on it. The forecast looks good early tomorrow, degrading a bit later on, but this is Texas and nothing about the weather is predictable. Unless something drastic changes, we're on. If not, they'll make the call in the morning. Right now, it's a go.

Jim Knudtson just called (about 1:45pm) to say we aren't going to make it this week. The weather is beautiful at the track right now but we just got too much water over the past two days. The clincher was the 45-minute rain we got about 4:00 pm yesterday after all the major stuff had already gone through.

The track is just too wet to save in time to race tonight, so we will give it a shot next week. Sorry, everybody.

Archived