Good Night

Budman

Buddy

You need to get off that mountain and go to the city for a while. All that fresh air has your brain doing strange things. :lol:

he loves his land .nowhere else can he find enough flowers and plants with leaves .someday he will find the one that has just the right count to end up with danica loves me .......we already know what happend to that big rock ......

Papa I don't come down off this mountain for much 'cept racin and every now and then into town to pick up a few things. I try to stay away from cities. Too many evil people to be encountered in those things. :P

Here ya go. Bet you haven't heard this one lately. Not a lullaby, but still some sweet sounds. Remember this one?

Here is your ------>LINK

Oh, and by the way Edge. She was 6th. :D

OK O/T here is a little something guaranteed to get you moving in the mornings .................. a little 19th century heavy metal ................. :P Here is your link ------->

Oldtimer, Here's a 20th Century heavy metal version of the same name....It will get your blood pumping (one way or another) GUARANTEED!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjpEfL18LpI

Blue, Bad what can I say? You'll find you mellow a bit with age. I used to play rock music. Still listen to it some. Played in a band way back when. Had me a '59 telecaster esquire. Bought it for $60 bucks. Sold it for $60.

Now for the really funny part. There is one currently for sale on ebay for, I S#*& you not, $39,000.00. :lol:

Blue, Bad what can I say? You'll find you mellow a bit with age. I used to play rock music. Still listen to it some. Played in a band way back when. Had me a '59 telecaster esquire. Bought it for $60 bucks. Sold it for $60.

Now for the really funny part. There is one currently for sale on ebay for, I S#*& you not, $39,000.00. :lol:

learned to play on a 50 something strat.. love the old hand wound pic up.s .....the man that was teaching me many years ago .use to have his own live radio show ... during the week it was nation wide .weekends world wide ..maybe someone is out there remembers .a man named larry watson ...use to have all the old country stars come in live .the way they use to have to do it ...hank snow .hank williams .ernest tubb ..you name em back then he had em on .and played live himself ..his oldest son is james watson of houston ..he james owns a shipping company .or something like that ..man could they play ..james along with buddy newbyer not spelled right ..and don williams recorded a record in the 60.s called dont call us we will call you ....was a small hit ..but never went any further than that for james joined the service .buddy went on to write hit songs for many country singers ..he wrote queen of harts for juice newton. from what i understand me and the elephant for roy clark .and so on ..and we all know who don williams is and what great music he made ..sorry to lazy to change it over to oldtimer ..

Hey O/T, what was that group Don Williams was in. Weren't they out of Corpus?

yes they were bud .cant remeber just yet what the name was ..but they sounded just like the everly brothers and that created a problem at the time ... i use to have the record .i was really close friends with larry and james and his mother ...man its been 30.years so its hard to put it in perspective order .... oh in the mid 80.s james recorded a record that was out around houston for some time .. il have to pull it out to remember what song it was ..... back in the early 70.s a young ,man would sit at the aster and write songs and later recorded a few records .some had very good reviews ..his name is mundo earwood... look him up on the computor .....i use to tell him good luck but never thought he would record and become somewhat a star...btw don is from portland

Remembered it. Pozo-Seco Singers.

not sure

ok just read up on them .no this was just before when don was just starting out this was his and james and buddys first try at recording .... don was the only one who wanted to stay and record for a liveing ..james didnt think they would makes any money so he joined the service ..funny how that worked out ..

Yeah, I love the one best that Mason Williams does with just acoustical guitar and no orchestra. Its incredible! Here it is on YouTube. Its NOT Clapton.

Click HERE

.............i loved the way chet atkins it played aswell ..you read the story behind the writeing of that song....

Papa I don't come down off this mountain for much 'cept racin and every now and then into town to pick up a few things. I try to stay away from cities. Too many evil people to be encountered in those things. :P

Here ya go. Bet you haven't heard this one lately. Not a lullaby, but still some sweet sounds. Remember this one?

Here is your ------>LINK

Oh, and by the way Edge. She was 6th. :D

A classic Buddy

• 3 years later...

Well H/T, its 3 years and 4 months later and I'm just now getting around to replying. Dano and his wife are fine. He and I are making plans to head up to TMS in April. He wants to see the Nascar races there. Me? I'm only going to see Danica! :lol:

I came across this little ditty on youtube recently and I remembered you talking earlier in this thread about learning to play on a strat. Figured you might like this. Pretty interesting stuff. Also, I know Nick was a fan of the Shadows so he should find it somewhat interesting also.

Take a look ----->

Here are a couple of fellas who made a pretty good living for a while playing these things. I think you will recognize the tune.

Here ya go -----> Click HERE

THANKS BUD .I WALKED INTO CLAWSON'S IN NOVEMBER WITH JUST ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY ME AN ELECTRIC GUITAR .WALKED OUT WITH AN LTD .PLAYED WITH IT A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT FOUND WITH AGE AND SOME BELLY BULGE IT DID NOT FIT ME TO WELL .AND THIS URGE JUST WOULD NOT LEAVE ME ALONE I HAD TO SCRATCH IT IN THE WORST WAY .TOOK IT BACK FOUND A FEW MORE GREEN BACKS I SAY THREE HUNDRED MORE OUCH .AND BOUGHT MY 33 YEAR OLD DREAM OF OWNING A STRATOCASTER .YEEHAW ..ONLY TO FIND OUT AS EXPECTED I WAS WAY OUT OF TUNE WITH MY PLAYING [ DID I SAY WAY OUT ]... BUT THAT WAS OK I HAD MY DREAM GUITAR AND AS PRACTICE GOES AND THE PAIN THESE BEAT UP HANDS ARE FINALLY STARTING TO COME AROUND ......STILL HAVE A WAYS TO GO BUT HECK THE DOG LOVES THE NOISE I MAKE SHE REALLY GOES AFTER HER TOY AND GETS WITH IT ..NOW EITHER I AM DRIVING HER CRAZY AND THAT'S THE WAY SHE IS TELLING ME TO TURN IT OFF .OR I TURN HER ON WITH MY SOUNDS ..LOL ANYONE ELSE AROUND THE HOUSE JUST TURNS UP THEIR TV'S .BUT HEY ITS MY GET AWAY FROM DAILY LIFE ....RIGHT ............. PS ...WOW 3 YEARS PLUS .HOW TIME FLY'S .BETTER LATE THAN NEVER RIGHT ..FORGOT TO MENTION MY OLDER DEAF DOG GOES OFF AND HIDES ...WHAT DOES THAT SAY ..

Archived