Final points?

CJY08

I KNOW I KNOW! Probly gonna get in trouble for this....BUT! OH THOMAS!!!! whats the final points look like :D did megan get 3rd in points? We all were trying to do the math back there. And think she has it...

Yes I did the MATH Yes she did And who is we doing all the adding I guess we are all in trouble if you start to add. Did you have a good night its all over the morning news :huh::huh::ph34r: lmao

I KNOW I KNOW! Probly gonna get in trouble for this....BUT! OH THOMAS!!!! whats the final points look like :D did megan get 3rd in points? We all were trying to do the math back there. And think she has it...

Yes I did the MATH Yes she did And who is we doing all the adding I guess we are all in trouble if you start to add. Did you have a good night its all over the morning news :huh::huh::ph34r: lmao

Did I paint the town that bad...OOPS! Well I had to drink 1 for the end of my year, had to drink another one cuz of megans year.(shes not of age yet) had to drink another one for your year, another one for oldtimers win, another one For Mr. thunder rookie of the year Tommy Goldman, another one for GB, how many is that by now? :wacko:

next year im going to put john henry in a thunder car so he can win rookie of the year i thought a rookie is someone who doesnt have any racing background

as long as he has never raced in a thunder he should be fine to run for rookie

Heck Greg Sr. was running for rookie of the year in thunders...And am sure I heard that name there before :lol:

if you have two or more first time racers in one class ..i think the rookie part should be between those .its only fare and gives them something to be prould of ...... just becuz thats the right thing to do ..you take a driver who has raced for years in another class .it does not take long for them to catch up with what they are driveing ..look at me .i have only drove in the bombers two nights ..i won one .so what .but it wasnt takeing me long to figure out what i needed to do and what the car was wanting ..a first year driver has to spend all year learning that part ..

I agree O.T and are Thunders rookie Tommy Goldman did that, He was there racing solo, Had a little trouble in the first half but Jesse, me, Gb, and some of the other thunders talked to him gave him some pointers and look at saturday he was up there running with the Big boys intill he got caught up in some 3 wide action

I completely disagree with the likes of Greg Carlucci Sr or John Henry Witzsche running for rookie of the year in a class like thunders. I think they would both agree. Rookie, is just that, a rookie that has no experience. Running dirt versus asphalt, one class versus another is something that may need some discussion including discretion, but the whole point of a rookie winning rookie of the year is the fact that that person is a rookie. There may be some points to a driver being in a class that they have never ran but the fact that they have tons of miles as a driver in my opinion eliminates them as a rookie. The true rookie of the year in any class should be the person that is a true rookie. Hard to write rules for this one but some common sense has to be applied.

I agree champ and tommy in thunders only ran once last year at the last race of the season and and didn't even make it out of pratice, And no crt thats his first race car,Now his crew cheif has a bomber. but he has only driven the #1 thunder..... What are they gonna do when we have a LM class? are we all gonna be rookies? :lol:

According to what I was told by Dan, you have to have driven less than 3 weekends per season in all previous seasons in the class in which you're in to qualify for rookie.

We (Dan, Kandy, Robin Kemp, and myself) all checked Tommie's past seasons in the Thunder class, even going so far as to calling Michael Rhoads to find out about Tommie. He said that Tommie only drove once, maybe twice in the Thunder class last season, but not more than 3, and that coincides with what results are here on Speedzone, so the ruling was made that Tommie Goldman qualifies as a rookie in the Thunder class at CC Speedway for the 2009 season.

BTW, if John Witzche drove Thunders next year, unless I'm not mistaken, that would mean he'd be a rookie in the class.

To answer the question about limited mods, it would be the same as the sport mods this season, which would mean that the answer to your question, Charly, is yes, everyone would be a rookie, unless they had raced in a track limited mod class at the speedway before.

York you know you can not count :lol::lol: To count you have to use your brain and we all know how that slips :lol:

BTW, If Tony Stewart decided to come race Thunders next year, he would also be allowed rookie status. Again, some common sense should be applied

its rare when i agree 100.percent with someone ... darn that was hard to typ ..but i agree with you ..seeing the rookie who won it this year deserved it .it was proven he was a true rookie ..

I agree about Greg Carlucci Sr. & John Witchie being rookies in the Thunder class. But remember Brendan Gaughan driving all those years in the NASCAR truck series and the CUP series? Now he is driving in the NATIONWIDE series and is considered a rookie and has to have the yellow stipe on his bumper.

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter if you have driven in another class for so and so years. If that is your first year in the class. You are a rookie. It has been that way for years. All I know is that no matter what class you run, the driving styles are way different in each class. Ask GB, he tried to run a super street one year? Huh GB?

Archived