Lonestar Speedzone Question of the week...What's good for the spor

Dawn

So the Chase is on...

6 new faces in this season's chase from last year. Jimmie looking for four in a row. Mark Martin a contender, and Juan Pablo out to make history.

Who's win would be good or bad for the sport and why?

Give us a call at (210) 736-9760 or (800) 707-9760

Saturday Morning, Starting at 9AM CST on Ticket 760 AM or WWW.TICKET760.COM

Here is your standings...

1 +9 Mark Martin 5040 Leader

2 -1 Tony Stewart 5030 -10

3 -- Jimmie Johnson 5030 -10

4 -- Denny Hamlin 5020 -20

5 +1 Kasey Kahne 5020 -20

6 -4 Jeff Gordon 5010 -30

7 -- Kurt Busch 5010 -30

8 +5 Brian Vickers 5010 -30

9 -4 Carl Edwards 5000 -40

10 -1 Ryan Newman 5000 -40

11 -3 Juan Montoya 5000 -40

12 -1 Greg Biffle 5000 -40

I think the first 2 races of the chase will be a good indicator of who has a serious chance of winning the championship. I’m not talking about whoever wins the first 2 races, I’m talking about whoever has the smoothest races (on track, pit stops etc) in my eye, will have the best chance at the championship.

I don’t think a championship by any of the drivers would be bad for the sport. On the other hand, an honest run for the championship by an underdog will make the chase exciting.

The Chase for the points and how it works is a BIG reason that I quit watching and caring about NASCAR. So with that said I dont really care much who wins. THis chase isnt a gage on anything IMO. THe next thing that killed NASCAR for me was the car of tomorrow. I can watch fast and furious again to see that kind of car.

Sorry to be a bit off topic. I just hate this Chase deal. It shouldnt even exist. Good luck to all of them. Especially Tony.

The Chase for the points and how it works is a BIG reason that I quit watching and caring about NASCAR. So with that said I dont really care much who wins. THis chase isnt a gage on anything IMO. THe next thing that killed NASCAR for me was the car of tomorrow. I can watch fast and furious again to see that kind of car.

Sorry to be a bit off topic. I just hate this Chase deal. It shouldnt even exist. Good luck to all of them. Especially Tony.

im with you .i see thier reason why they run the chase .but i dont like it ..tony had a lead that could have been almost imposible to take away from him .with ten to go .and now. he is in second .. that would make me mad to lose all that after working so hard to get there .its almost meaningless . in order for tony to still be the points leader he would have to have won five races ..it should still come down to finishes. if nascar is going to stay with the chase then they should always give the points leader .a 40 point lead starting with the last ten races ....but it should go back to the way it was ..go martin ...

Archived