Tx Thunder dirt track this Sat. night (9-19-09)

toyman85

Someone's claiming to beat someone or something like that this Saturday night in Killeen at the dirt track. It is the last weekend for the TBS dirt cars to "duke" it out. So I'm saying it will be a pretty good one. No excuses and none offered! Someone's going to have braggin' rights for the whole winter. :lol::lol: D.

Someone's claiming to beat someone or something like that this Saturday night in Killeen at the dirt track. It is the last weekend for the TBS dirt cars to "duke" it out. So I'm saying it will be a pretty good one. No excuses and none offered! Someone's going to have braggin' rights for the whole winter. :lol::lol: D.

Now...maybe the last weekend at Texas Thunder...but not for dirt track racing...you can always bring your cars down and run pure stocks at Shady Oaks...they are racing until the last weekend in November....

HHHMMM.......tampering by definition is "when owner/driver of racecar #02 turns ones back and other owner/driver of racecar #01 notices an opportunity to maybe loosen a ball joint nut, unscrew a shifter lever, and/or take out all motor mount bolts without being caught" with hopes and dreams of beating owner/driver of said racecar #02 well I guess we will see who has last word.

good job last night guys from a dirt guy yall looked good. sorry to see duane out so early from someone elses mistake. and good recovering terry. yall did make the heat fun. I look forward to possibly racing with yall next year off and on. nathan b

Guess I have to eat "crow" all winter. OK, Terry beat me. On the first lap of the feature, I do believe I seen the underneath of Terry's car (muffler). He did his impresssion of Superman! He started 3rd row inside and I was 6th row inside. Let's just say you can't go 5 wide into a turn without something bad happening. The front row cars decided to lag at the drop of the green flag and that's not good with a 22 car field! There wasn't a "good" place to be on that first lap and I came out of it with a broke left front spindle and Terry had a flat left front. So my night was done. Terry got back out and hung in there for an 8th place finish (which is a heck of an accomplishment in hindsight) but seemed as if he had a bulls-eye on his car. Every car he passed seemed to tag him or get sideways in front of him. I think I'll just forget about the feature and remember the heat race all winter. #01 and #02 side-by-side in the corners for the whole race! What a blast! Pretty sure the crowd loved that one. I know I did. D. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guess I have to eat "crow" all winter. OK, Terry beat me. On the first lap of the feature, I do believe I seen the underneath of Terry's car (muffler). He did his impresssion of Superman! He started 3rd row inside and I was 6th row inside. Let's just say you can't go 5 wide into a turn without something bad happening. The front row cars decided to lag at the drop of the green flag and that's not good with a 22 car field! There wasn't a "good" place to be on that first lap and I came out of it with a broke left front spindle and Terry had a flat left front. So my night was done. Terry got back out and hung in there for an 8th place finish (which is a heck of an accomplishment in hindsight) but seemed as if he had a bulls-eye on his car. Every car he passed seemed to tag him or get sideways in front of him. I think I'll just forget about the feature and remember the heat race all winter. #01 and #02 side-by-side in the corners for the whole race! What a blast! Pretty sure the crowd loved that one. I know I did. D. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was a real wicked start to a very rough race and as for the look underside of my car it was really haard to steer with only 1 tire on the ground. I would of liked it better if I could of beat Duane fair and square in the feature instead of by default. I totally agree with Duane that the heat race will be what I remember about this race, lots of fun and to win by going so slow.

Congrats to dad!!! and duane for the awesome show they put on in the heat race. That was the most entertaining race! :lol: Sucks the feature couldn't of been the same. That was one heck of a rough race with a whole lotta cars. There will be more checkered flags and 1-2 finishes to come next season! Congrats to you both on this season!! :rolleyes:

Archived