ASA Southern Asphat Tour about to shut down....

NickHolt

I received a call from someone "very close" to the situation this evening that the ASA Southern Asphalt Tour has shut down and will not run the remaining dates on their 2009 schedule. The person has first-hand knowledge but asked that I do not name him/her since the news release has not yet been made public.

Apparently there will be a press release from The Results Management Group Racing - the parent company for the American Speed Association Southeast Asphalt Tour making that announcement tomorrow, Friday, Sept 18.

You hate to hear about stuff like this.

Nick

You're correct. It's a totally different organization than the ASA membership we have at THR.

This stuff is confusing, but the Southeast Ashphalt Tour is actually one of the late model series sanctioned by the American Speed Association, the same organization that offers the ASA member tracks program and the Joe Gibbs championship. My understanding is that ASA (Dennis Huth) does not own the series but holds the sanction similar to a track sanction.

The "other" ASA that is a completely different organiztion is the ASA Late Model Series (South, North, and Challenge.)

After seeing this I learned this from a friend who has been involved with truck racing in the ARCA Lincoln Welder Series that the sponsorship has been dropped effective immediately. Some of the teams and drivers involved are trying to continue with the truck series but are having no luck without a sponsor behind them. Also heard that

ReMax is dropping their sponsorship of ARCA next season. Does not sound good. :(

Archived