Friday Night is Championship Night for Sport Mods

tqj3

Friday, September 18 will be a big night at I-37 Raceway. For starters, it's championship night for the Sport Mods with a pretty close field. Mark McGahey leads with 555 points, Aaron Lunsford is second with 542, and Dennis Hilla third with 539.

Oddly, Hilla's wife, Janel, is also third down in the Pure Stock class, which is led by William Saunders at 629 points. The surprising (probably himself most of all) Marc Roy is second with 618 points and Janel third with 613 points. They, along with the rest of the regular classes at I-37, have two weeks to decide their titles. The Front Runners will also be on tap (we started ten for the feature two weeks ago) along with the Street Stocks and Limited Late Models.

The Brazos Mini Sprints are coming back, and reportedly are bringing more cars than they did last time. In addition, someone is bringing a full-on (as they say in England) sprint car to make a demonstration run at intermission.

With only these last two weeks in the regular season, and only one for the sports mods, the action should be pretty wild.

The Brazos Mini Sprints are coming back, .... In addition, someone is bringing a full-on (as they say in England) sprint car

Gee I hope fans will be able to tell the difference...... <_<

Give it a rest Jay, the horse is down and beaten

REB I dont care what anyone says that is still FUNNY. :lol::P:lol:

Lol well I dunno how well I am going to hold onto my 2nd place with my motor in pieces... Guess I will have to goto plan B.

I know of a Buick 4Dr. Maybe Jim will let you drive it for last place points... Oh BTW it is Gold in color and at last remembrance it is purty darn fast....

Archived