Nominee Pictures

crash_76

• 2 weeks later...

Dub was my father-in-law and I have shown the supposed picture of Dub to several family members and none of us believe that it's Dub. It doesn't look like him and it definitely was not one of his cars. He never used the number 99. The only numbers that family members remember were 91, 92 and 4 (for a very short period of time). He did have a different number when he raced in the Mexican road race though. All of his cars were purple because he was color-blind and purple was one of the few colors he could see.

If anybody has any information on the picture, the family would like to know why someone thinks it was Dub and where the picture came from.

Finally, we want "old-timer" to know that Jarrett's wife is not and has never been a teacher. She sells life insurance.

Dub was my father-in-law and I have shown the supposed picture of Dub to several family members and none of us believe that it's Dub. It doesn't look like him and it definitely was not one of his cars. He never used the number 99. The only numbers that family members remember were 91, 92 and 4 (for a very short period of time). He did have a different number when he raced in the Mexican road race though. All of his cars were purple because he was color-blind and purple was one of the few colors he could see.

If anybody has any information on the picture, the family would like to know why someone thinks it was Dub and where the picture came from.

Finally, we want "old-timer" to know that Jarrett's wife is not and has never been a teacher. She sells life insurance.

The picture was taken by my Mom, Jewel Carlock and she is the one that wrote the names on the picture. I don't recall at what time she wrote the name on that particular picture, weather it was at the time it was taken or later in her life after she was 72 and had cancer. If it was later, then it could be a mistake. But at any rate, I just thougt it would be nice to post some history. I think now it is time to maybe let this issue rest and move on to another one. :rolleyes:

The picture was taken by my Mom, Jewel Carlock and she is the one that wrote the names on the picture. I don't recall at what time she wrote the name on that particular picture, weather it was at the time it was taken or later in her life after she was 72 and had cancer. If it was later, then it could be a mistake. But at any rate, I just thougt it would be nice to post some history. I think now it is time to maybe let this issue rest and move on to another one. :rolleyes:

mike i take this is ...we are not haveing a fit over this .we are glad you posted this .its history and has giveing us a chance to dig deep in our minds , some minds arent so good .....mine isnt .lol .....keep em comeing

See and this is why us young guy's don't know are history...Because You guys don't even know :lol:

you keep popping off like that and you will be history .lol..... just think .with what we all can remember right or wrong .will iron itself out in the long run ..we older guys are like a puzzle ...get enough of the correct pieces together everything will hook right into place .... ..and then you will wish you were a part of it ...cuz those days were wild and fun ...and i say wild loosely ....so sit back and pop a top my bud induced maniac .and learn ..here is a part of history i am not wrong on .....todays racen is tame compared to those days ...... the fights you see today aint nutten ..the rough driveing today aint nutten .....

• 2 weeks later...
OT, Those purple cars were Jack Spencer and Fred Wells if I remember correctly!

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert :ph34r:

ok ...i vote for you to be honored ... you all are fighting for our right to race ..

:ph34r: OK OT, I'm sure that there were others in my 35 year history of going to the track doing just like me and giving there all for our great country. They just didn't have the electronic media to advertise where they were like I do. I may not get on here much but at least I have the ability to make contact with folks back in the states. It's really calmed down over here now, and I'm actually sleeping more than 4 hours a day. Below 90 degrees that last 4 or 5 days now, feeling really cool. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Cheers! :ph34r:

:ph34r: OK OT, I'm sure that there were others in my 35 year history of going to the track doing just like me and giving there all for our great country. They just didn't have the electronic media to advertise where they were like I do. I may not get on here much but at least I have the ability to make contact with folks back in the states. It's really calmed down over here now, and I'm actually sleeping more than 4 hours a day. Below 90 degrees that last 4 or 5 days now, feeling really cool. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Cheers! :ph34r:

a vacation compare to the last few years ..huh ...... SIR I CANT SPEAK TO ALL THE AMRED FORCES OVER SEAS ...BUT THROUGH YOU YOU CAN SPEAK FOR US ..YOU AND EVERY MAN AND WOMEN IN OUR ARMED SERVICE FIGHT FOR US AND KEEP US SAFE ........ SURELY WE CANT LIST EVER MAN AND WOMEN WHO HAS FOUGHT OVER THERE AND IN MANY OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD AND THE MANY WARS THAT HAVE BEEN FOUGHT ...... BUT TO HAVE YOU LISTED IN THE HALL OF FAME . WOULD BE AN HONOR .. . AS A FIGHTER. A FAN . A TEAM MATE .A PITCREW . A DRIVER ...THATS A LONG DESERVING LIST ..PLUS ONE MORE A FAMILY MAN WHO GAVE UP HIS TIME WITH HIS CHILDREN TO KEEP US SAFE ..

Freddy Barnec

Dub Rollins - I always thought Dub was a purple #4, but................

OT, Those purple cars were Jack Spencer and Fred Wells if I remember correctly!

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert :ph34r:

Dennis to you and everyone serving thank you for keeping us free here in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and to all of the fallen in the past years thank you and god bless your souls.

thank you,tell a vet on vets day. john henry

a vacation compare to the last few years ..huh ...... SIR I CANT SPEAK TO ALL THE AMRED FORCES OVER SEAS ...BUT THROUGH YOU YOU CAN SPEAK FOR US ..YOU AND EVERY MAN AND WOMEN IN OUR ARMED SERVICE FIGHT FOR US AND KEEP US SAFE ........ SURELY WE CANT LIST EVER MAN AND WOMEN WHO HAS FOUGHT OVER THERE AND IN MANY OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD AND THE MANY WARS THAT HAVE BEEN FOUGHT ...... BUT TO HAVE YOU LISTED IN THE HALL OF FAME . WOULD BE AN HONOR .. . AS A FIGHTER. A FAN . A TEAM MATE .A PITCREW . A DRIVER ...THATS A LONG DESERVING LIST ..PLUS ONE MORE A FAMILY MAN WHO GAVE UP HIS TIME WITH HIS CHILDREN TO KEEP US SAFE ..

Thanks Brother,

You cover my six at home, and I'll cover your six while I'm here. Have gun, will travel! Not one fight we won't exhaust every resource winning. One Team, One Fight! Hoorah Navy and Marine Corps Combat Teams.

:ph34r: Later, Dennis :ph34r:

Thanks Brother,

You cover my six at home, and I'll cover your six while I'm here. Have gun, will travel! Not one fight we won't exhaust every resource winning. One Team, One Fight! Hoorah Navy and Marine Corps Combat Teams.

:ph34r: Later, Dennis :ph34r:

............ just keep on kicking butt

Archived