Halloween

jj27

Hi everyone! The benefit race is sneaking up on us real fast. We are needing LOTS of donations for upping the purses and other stuff that needs to be done in advance. I have donation letters and forms to take to various businesses if you would like me to email them to you, just let me know. I also need to know who all is wanting/willing to help with the prep and actual benefit. You can either pm me or reach me (Brenda Jennings) at (361) 781-4268 or Rachel Densman at (361) 676-5844. Thank you!!! This is gonna be AWESOME!!!

Hi everyone! The benefit race is sneaking up on us real fast. We are needing LOTS of donations for upping the purses and other stuff that needs to be done in advance. I have donation letters and forms to take to various businesses if you would like me to email them to you, just let me know. I also need to know who all is wanting/willing to help with the prep and actual benefit. You can either pm me or reach me (Brenda Jennings) at (361) 781-4268 or Rachel Densman at (361) 676-5844. Thank you!!! This is gonna be AWESOME!!!

I really want to thank you guys for assisting in this benefit.

YES ITS COMING UP FAST :blink: ITS GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY WE HAVE TALKED TO MANY OF R RACE FRIENDS AND BUISNESS OWNERS GOT A LOT OF EM WILLING TO HELP WORKING ON LOCKING THEM DOWN AND THIS FORM WILL HELP THIS OUT A LOT KEEP THE IDEALS HEADED OUT OF UR HEAD AND TOWARDS BRIAN HE NEEDS ALL THE HELP HE CAN GET ;) KEEP UR HEAD UP JIM ;)

Hey everyone. I talked at length with Brenda Jennings on the phone last night. We discussed the flyer that I volunteered to prepare. I gave Brenda a few pieces of information that I need to prepare the flyer, and as soon as I get those, I will draft it out. Then, send it to Laurie and Brian to review for approval. We should get that done pretty quick, and once we do, I can post on a number of forums and folks can pull copies down to place at businesses, etc., in their respective areas.

I understand from my conversation with Brenda that she is getting a bulleted list of things where some help is needed, and she will post on the SOS forum so hopefully interested volunteers will solicit their names to jump in.

Many of you know me and know the work I've done with Texana throughout the three last regular seasons for PR, marketing, etc., and you may wonder why is this guy now doing a flyer for another track. Well folks, this is a benefit event with the hope of generating funds. The family in dirt track racing is not a one track thing. It's an all track thing when it comes to the dirt track family. We each have a talent to offer when one of the family is down. So, I'm happy to offer the little bit of talent in this way.

Also, as a reminder, I previously offered to pay $50 for a Pure Stock driver on that night who has not previously raced this year at SOS. My hope would be that since it will not cost the driver anything, the driver will turn around and donate most or all of his/her purse back to Jim & Laurie / SOS (hopefully at least the $50). If you plan to run in Pure Stock on Oct. 31st, have not visited SOS this year and will be there on Oct 31st for the event, send me a PM. It will go to the first driver that I get the PM from who is going to run and has not been there yet this year.

Thx and stay tuned for the list of items that Brenda will post where help is needed. Many hands will make light work!

-Monty Chamberlain

Hi! Here is a quick list of things we need right now:

~The MAIN thing needed ASAP is donations!!!! I have the letters to take to businesses and the donation forms. PM me and I will email them to you to take to businesses in your area that might donate.

~I am going to need people to help decorate the track for Halloween. (if you can donate some decorations or even help brainstorm on how to decorate, that would be great)

~Need some input on BBQ

~Basically, right now we just need people willing to help. This is going to be big and the more people involved will help things run more smoothly.

Thanks so much!

I can honestly say that I have no clue who is cooking. I haven't gotten any volunteers on that and you really don't want me to bbq...lol. If anyone can/will cook, please contact me. Also, I need to know...what everyone wants in regards to bbq. OR...does everyone just want to go on with the plans we already have and just skip the bbq part? :wacko: just let me know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we wrapped up the flyer. Got it to Laurie and Brian and I believe Laurie will be getting it copied and out and about. I believe Brian will be posting it on LSSZ so folks can pull it down and make copies and hand out as they please. I'll post it on other racing forums.

Since I'm basically a "non-profit" writer(put the FREE in freelance) the best I can do is give the race itself some good coverage. If everything goes according to plans, I'll be down there to do a story for y'all. If I can get an internet connection I can do "Live" updates. Since I haven't been to SOS in about 8-10 years is there space in the tower? Hotel/motel info?

LOL...So does AJ want to get more candy or what? :lol::P:lol:

j what costume you going to be sporting lol ......... ........ .. we are looking forward to makeing the trip up to join in where we can ... maybe bringing the bomber up ..reb its been longer sense i have been to that track ..maybe around 88 or so ..

Rosie....I'll be the one dressed like an old hippie :lol: or like some of guys from Corpus call me, Willie Nelson.

sorry j. but i cant dress up to look like rosie... noone can match him ..rosie is a special mode one of kind ..... he is not scary enough... i thought i might try dressing up to look like nick .....that should get an award ....... or should i come dressed as oldtimer ...... hope to see you there ..will bring candy .what kind do you like ..

How is this going to go? I was thinking it could start earlier...like at 1 or 2 in the afternoon...so we could be done before 10pm....then the kids could go "trick or treating" in the pits...I think this would be alot of fun....

I agree 100%....This is going to be a huge event and more time is going to be needed for the youngsters and the racers.

How is this going to go? I was thinking it could start earlier...like at 1 or 2 in the afternoon...so we could be done before 10pm....then the kids could go "trick or treating" in the pits...I think this would be alot of fun....

I agree 100%....This is going to be a huge event and more time is going to be needed for the youngsters and the racers.

Yea..I just thought about how our kids are going to miss it (not that big a loss..lol) and thought it would be fun for people (and cars) to dress up...we even thought about doing some other stuff for the kids.. this way we could race and go trick or treating...and no...the candy would not be for me...laughing at the kids is what I like to do...lol AJ

Hi! Here is a quick list of things we need right now:

~The MAIN thing needed ASAP is donations!!!! I have the letters to take to businesses and the donation forms. PM me and I will email them to you to take to businesses in your area that might donate.

~I am going to need people to help decorate the track for Halloween. (if you can donate some decorations or even help brainstorm on how to decorate, that would be great)

~Need some input on BBQ

~Basically, right now we just need people willing to help. This is going to be big and the more people involved will help things run more smoothly.

Thanks so much!

Brenda - What kind of donations do you need? Do you need stuff for the BBQ, stuff for a raffle / auction (not sure if there is raffle or auction), decorations donated, monetary donations or donations to a purse increase. We'll make a donation from our business. Just give me some guidelines on what you're hoping to acquire.

Also, to all.... my offer to pay $50 towards the entry for a first time Pure Stocker is still on the table... and, hoping you'll donate at least the $50 back.... Come and get it!

Thx - Monty

Monty,

Thanks so much for asking. YES, YES, and YES. We need Donations of all sorts. Kenny is still trying to get up donations for the tshirts. He has the $$ amounts to get logos on the back. We will take donations for BBQ (i have someone that has offered some meat...that is awesome!) and even decorations. If you want to donate $$ for the decorations, we can go buy them. Whatever you want. Just call me or Kenny. 361 781-4268 or 361 648-1669.

:) Brenda ;)

Hello all,

We have the go-ahead to have a auction most likely a silent one that we will setup the items on the spectator side and my wife has offered to man, I mean, woman it. Definitely looking for donations, please pass them on.

Stephanie Migura

smigura@hotmail.com

Archived