Racin Fuel

Don't mean this as a slam, but I would not have thought one would need racing fuel for a pure stock. Just exactly what kind of motors are they running in pure stocks? :blink:

far from pure stock

You know...since this has been brought up..I think a name change is in order...cause these cars have more in them than most tracks street stocks... heck...Thunder hill calls this class super stocks (and they cant even run aftermarket heads)...lol

Well from the fact that the rules only allow 72cc heads and four valve relief pistons, I not so sure that anyone would benefit that much from running racing fuel, other than it may cool the motor down some, and offer better atomization. The compression ratio shouldnt be but somewhere in the neighborhood of 10.5-1 with 0 deck.

Actually with those heads and 4 valve flat top and zero deck the comperssion shouldnt be more than about 9.8 most likely 9.1-9.3

With that compression I don't think one would benefit from running racing fuel. I would think Super/Premium/whatever it's called now from your local Quicky Mart would suffice.

What are you limited mod guys running? Just curious because there isnt much difference if any between the two classes on motors!

93 octane unleaded, and I took the numbers and ran the calculations and the pures came out to 10.5-1 with a 60 over motor with zero deck and 72 cc heads and 4.166 head gaskets that were .041 thick.(1003)

Yea, most of us just run super unleaded.

Yeah...thats all i run too....heard that is all the WOO latemodels run too...whatever...I know the limiteds are running it (maybe not you two...but alot of them)...but...I dont think it is needed either, except for the lead in it , I wouldnt run it in a pure stock...but I am finding out I am old school (at 34...wow) and I like a little top end lube...and some insurance since we run so much timing... but to be honest...I mix the fuel in just about every car i run (50-50 race/93 ) AJ

Yeah...thats all i run too....heard that is all the WOO latemodels run too...whatever...I know the limiteds are running it (maybe not you two...but alot of them)...but...I dont think it is needed either, except for the lead in it , I wouldnt run it in a pure stock...but I am finding out I am old school (at 34...wow) and I like a little top end lube...and some insurance since we run so much timing... but to be honest...I mix the fuel in just about every car i run (50-50 race/93 ) AJ

50/50 for us too. I like my temp at 190 degrees after the feature when running alot of timing.

Archived