COLT JAMES

Crazyhorse

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colt, wishing you all the lluck in the world. You are very talented as everyone has said. You show them how we do things down here in Texas. Terry, Cheryl, Shawn Paul, congratulations to your entire family. You certainly have what it takes to be on top. God Bless and be safe.

After seeing the black 51 SLM of Kyle Bush's run at several venues, I can tell you Colt will be driving a very competitive car. Kyle is one of a few N.A.S.C.A.R. drivers to give back to the sport in the form of short track racing sponsorship. I am old and forgetful so I don't remember if I have ever seen Colt run, but I am looking forward to seeing him at FFs along with my other Texas friends, Chris and Gregg Davidson and Casey Smith.

just because kyle busch lets other racers race a super late model he owns does not give him a free pass to act like a jerk, sure i was happy to see a texas racer get a chance but that does not change my opinion about his maturity or lack of it. im glad he missed the chase. :P

I am old and forgetful so I don't remember if I have ever seen Colt run, but I am looking forward to seeing him at FFs along with my other Texas friends, Chris and Gregg Davidson and Casey Smith.

Vir,

You got to see Colt at the 2006 Snowflake race. He qualified 37th out of 61 cars, and raced his way into the Snowflake through the last chance race. He started 33rd, and finished 25th after getting caught up in a wreck. Terry or Horse will know, but I think that is Colt's only run at Pensacola to date.

Like others, I am not a fan of Kyle Busch, but the man can drive, and he has an excellent short track program. Colt runs the same chassis that Busch uses, (Hamke), and with all the tracks Colt runs, some he's never seen, he will get up to speed real quick.

Congratulations to Colt and the family for a great opportunity, and kudos to Busch for providing it.

Just logged on to this fantastic news! I wear one Cup driver's cap, the 18. Kyle is one of the top drivers in Cup, and he gives back more to racing than any driver I can recall. He is a RACER--period. Now he has a RACER in his late model. He will not regret his decision.

Kyle was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He and his family worked hard and sacrificed much along the way.

Thank you Kyle!

just because kyle busch lets other racers race a super late model he owns does not give him a free pass to act like a jerk, sure i was happy to see a texas racer get a chance but that does not change my opinion about his maturity or lack of it. im glad he missed the chase. :P

I agree. I'm VERY happy for Colt and I hope this a stepping stone to greater things, but I sure do dislike Kyle's attitude.

I met Colt for the first time at a ARTS road race at TMS with NASA Texas. I already knew that he could drive and he showed it that day. After I talked with him briefly, I walked away thinking "That kid has that special something about him, if any local racer is going to make it big it's going to be that kid." This is an excellent opportunity and I hope Colt makes the most of it. I will be surprised if he is not in Cup in a few years.

This is a perfect example of being at the right place at the right time. Colt you have great Driving talent that most drivers do not have. I hope you finish good so the Kyle Busch will continue to use you in other future races.

LETS ALL NOT FORGET TO THANK KYLE BUSCH FOR COLT'S RIDE NEXT WEEKEND.

Good Luck Colt.

Good luck to colt. I agree one of the most talented drivers.

As far as nascar teams and drivers not supporting short track drivers I found this interesting.

Sprint Cup Development Driver Affiliations

Dale Earnhardt Inc. / Ganassi Racing [#1,#8,#15,#40,#41,#42]

Jeffrey Earnhardt [Kerry's son], Nationwide

Joe Gibbs Racing [#11,#18,#20]

Matt DiBenedetto, Camping World East

Max Gresham, ASA, Camping World East

Darrell Wallace Jr.,UARA

Michael Waltrip Racing [#00,#44,#55]

Trevor Bayne, Nationwide

Ryan Truex, Camping World East

Penske Racing [#2,#12,#77]

Justin Allgaier, Nationwide Series