Thunderhill Raceway's Texas Stock Car Spectacular Schedule

post-29-1252972248.jpg

TEXAS STOCK CAR SPECTACULAR

THUNDERHILL RACEWAY

OCTOBER 8-10, 2009

THUNDERHILL RACEWAY & TSRS DRIVERS, TEAMS, FANS, STAFF AND MEDIA,

Shown below is the detailed schedule for the Texas Stock Car Spectacular at Thunderhill Raceway (Kyle, TX) from October 8-10. Here are the highlights:

• Twelve classes of racing will be featured for two full nights of racing action at the Texas Stock Car Spectacular (October 9 & 10), including the TSRS Late Models, Pro Modifieds, Pro Trucks, TSRS Allison Legacys, SportMods, Texas Pro Sedans, Dwarf Car Racing Series of Texas, ASA A-Line Super Stocks, Thunder Stocks, Grand Stocks, Mini Stocks and NasKarts.

• Two-Lap qualifying for all classes, except for the Texas Pro Sedans and Dwarf Cars, will take place on Friday, October 9. The qualifying for Texas Pro Sedans and Dwarf Cars is scheduled for Saturday, October 10, along with Last-Chance Qualifying for all classes racing on Saturday night.

• The feature races for the Thunder Stocks, Grand Stocks, Mini Stocks and NasKarts are scheduled for Friday, October 9

• The pit gate will open at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 10, and feature races will include the Texas Pro Sedans, TSRS Allison Legacys, Dwarf Cars, SportMods, ASA A-Line Super Stocks, Pro Trucks, Pro Modifieds and TSRS Late Models

If you have any questions about the schedule for the Texas Stock Car Spectacular, please contact Debbie Williams at debbie@thunderhillraceway.com.

post-29-1252971837.jpg

post-29-1252971865.jpg

post-29-1252971882.jpg

Click the following PDF link to view and print schedule: THR2009SpectacularScheduleRev.pdf

Debbie,

Fist off.. Thx for putting this out as early as you did!

A couple of questions... I personally will be in the air so not sure on friday's timing need to check the plane tickets.

-What time are the drivers Cut off's?

-Are parking spots first come first serve or will my spot i paid for the year be mine still?

-Since the mini stocks and naskarts qualify first.. can the drivers meetings be switched on friday night to allow more time for

THR classes to get ready to race and qualify post meeting?

- in the past there has been a open practice after the last friday night feature, just confirming this year there is not?

Debbie,

Fist off.. Thx for putting this out as early as you did!

A couple of questions... I personally will be in the air so not sure on friday's timing need to check the plane tickets.

-Are parking spots first come first serve or will my spot i paid for the year be mine still?

-Since the mini stocks and naskarts qualify first.. can the drivers meetings be switched on friday night to allow more time for

THR classes to get ready to race and qualify post meeting?

- in the past there has been a open practice after the last friday night feature, just confirming this year there is not?

Aaron,

I'll try to get you some answers soon.

Here are responses to the questions above:

Assuming you're talking about driver sign-in process, we're asking that all drivers, or a team representative, sign in at the Garage Office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 9. Kathy will work on the qualifying lineups during the staff meeting, and we plan to have them ready by the drivers’ meetings. The sign-in deadline for Saturday, October 10, will be 2:30 p.m. Anyone who signs in on Friday does not have to sign in again on Saturday.

If a drivers already has a paid, reserved 2009 pit stall, he/she will get to use it for the Spectacular. The remaining pit stalls will be offered for reservations on a first-come, first-serve (paid) basis, at $50 each. Any stalls that have not been reserved will be then be available on a first-come, first-serve (unpaid) basis. The Texas Pro Sedans, Dwarfs, etc., will use their normal pit locations.

-Since the mini stocks and naskarts qualify first.. can the drivers meetings be switched on friday night to allow more time for THR classes to get ready to race and qualify post meeting?

We will leave the meeting schedule as is, for several reasons. First of all, it has already been publicized for several days, and we feel sure that many of the drivers have already made their plans and figured out their job arrangements accordingly. We also realize that some of the drivers may not be able to get off work in time. So, similar to the sign-in process, we will be allowing either the driver or a team representative to attend the meetings. We also feel it’s going to be harder on the out-of-towners (non-local classes) to get there on time. We will try to make both meetings quick, short and efficient so they don't hold up the qualifying, etc. We also plan to release the Minis and NasKarts (first to qualify) from the meeting early.

No, we're not planning to hold a post-race open practice session on Friday night.

If you (or anyone else) have any other questions about the Spectacular (or any other THR races), please address them to the individual who handles that area, e.g., pit stall questions to Ron Abbey, lineup questions to Kathy Tiemann, etc. Here is a link to the THR staff contact page: THR Contact Page. We will collectively gather up the majority of the Q&A's and send an e-mail out to the drivers as the Spectacular weekend gets closer.

Archived