Champions To Be Determined This Saturday

TRP

This Saturday (September 19th), the 2009 Season Champions for each Class will be determined. All classes are racing, and on a night with double points on the line, several "High Point" positions will come down to last laps of the feature to be determined. When we reflect back on a season with mechanical failures, accidents or disagreements, it is important to remember that in the end we are all one big family and would help each other out (even our closest competitor), when one of the family is in need. . But, when it's all said and done and with all of the memories stored in our minds, the bottom line will be the records books for class champions.

Let's take a look at the classes up for grabs and the ones that are sealed up.

Mini Stocks - Mathematically speaking, Jason Bloom (current points leader), Zach Tesch and Lauren Chamberlain are all in the game. Tesch and Bloom are the odds on favorites to seal the deal, and both would basically have to fail to start the feature for Chamberlain to grab the spot. Ashley Perks, while not in striking distance for the top spot is definitely still in the hunt for one of the top three positions. A fine demonstration all year long by every single one of the teen drivers, along with very measurable driving skill improvement by all in the class. Texana is proud of our Teen drivers!

Texana Classic Dwarfs - Mathematically possible is Brad Wright to sneak in and take the championship from Andrew Cline. Cline does have a healthy lead over Wright though. More or less, Cline would just about have to not enter any event with his healthy lead over Wright. Barring a significant issue beforethe night starts, this should be Clines championship to secure.

Texana Bombers - Mathematically, the top spot is still up for grabs between Chris Shafer and Janet Perks. Shafer and Perks have been loyal and dedicated to making every race at Texana this year and their dedication to the class is evident in the points standings. Another good class with close competition race after race, and various feature winners throughout the year.

Hot Stock Trucks - Boy Howdy!!! Take note! Only 10 points seperate the top three hot shoes in this class. It is pretty obvious that any one of the three can pull this one off. Greg Turner, Bob Ort, and Justin Bloom are all in the hunt on this one. Will it be the skillful and smooth Turner, the dryslick master Ort, or the youth and talent of Bloom. Obviously this is the class to keep your eyes on right down to the last lap.

Super Stocks - G W Hessong has mathematically secured the championship with greater than a 250 point lead over Mike Davenport. But, don't think for one minute that this will lessen the excitement in this class. A win is a win and these guys know how to stir up the excitement on the track.

Limited Modifieds- In the hunt is Mickey Helms, 200 points behind Paul White. White has the potential to be a two class champion in the same year if things go relatively smooth. But, Helms who is always a solid contender will be doing his best to make his presence known. Regardless of the outcome, this is a class with two real "class acts" in the 1st and 2nd positions.

Modifieds - Paul White has wrapped up the championship in Modifieds. But, 2nd position is very close between two of the best in Darin Leonard and Jesse Manning. Excitement in these ground pounders is sure to be the order of the night.

Capping off the night will be the highly anticipated Mechanics races and Powder Puff races. We know it's sure a good thing to do this on the last night after the points are wrapped up, because there is always the chance for a little paint sharing!

***Hey, mark your calendars way ahead for the 2009 Season Texana Raceway Park Awards Banquet. The 2009 Season Banquet will be held on January 9th, 2010 at one of the events buildings at Brackenridge Park in Edna. This year, you can enjoy the banquet and then stay overnight at the Park. More details will be forthcoming on ticket sales, etc...****

I'll discuss with with management and see if this is a possibility. It has historically been a large part of the banquet as it is a mystery right down to the minute and quite a nice trophy is presented at the banquet. Not really sure if we could make this kind of change this quickly, but the idea you've presented is interesting. I'll discuss with management.

It should be an exciting night of racing. :o Only 10 pnts seperate the top three drivers in the truck class. Its gonna be an all out battle. Whats a racer to do to win this one? :angry: I may just have to turn around and not watch. It might get intense :o Not!! Its gonna be great. And all classes will be running! Super stocks may have a great car count. The drivers have been talking to their buddies and this is gonna be awesome. What a way to end the season! Hope to all of you fans at the track Saturday night!

Received some calls, and looks like the final points night this Saturday will be one of the best nights of the season. Looks like we should have some visitors in Limited Modifieds that are running Battleground, and since it has recently moved to Friday nights, several are looking to make a visit to Texana for a fun night of racing. I also believe we will see some big name hot shoes in Mods from Corpus and other areas.

Most folks will recall that our first night of the season was a spectacular one as it was the Aaron Hudgeons benefit, and it seems only fitting to send the last points race of the season out with a bang as well! It does definitely look like this is one night you don't want to miss with a lot of good racing action!

Why do the fans have to wait so long to find out who will get favorite driver in each class? Since its a fan based pole...why not announce it on the last race night? I dont think the fans or the drivers should have to wait until banquet night to find out! Come on guys...change it up a little! Please!

Hadn't forgot about ya..... You idea is definitely something to discuss, but we won't have enough time to get this pulled off tomorrow night. There's a mess of ballots, and it does turn out to be pretty tedious. Always to make sure we count correctly and recount if needed, as many are extremely close. We try to make sure we don't have any hanging chads ;) ..... Anyway, can't pull it off for tomorrow night, but we will keep the idea in the hopper for future. We do hope fans will take an interest and come to the banquet on January 9th. Will post info. on ticket sales here at a later date. This years banquet should be a great one with the venue location. The banquet is for everyone!

thx.

I'm sure hoping we have a great turnout this Saturday. The last night of points each season is one of the most exciting of the year! I know of several that we haven't seen in a while that are heading over, and even a couple that have never run at the track are planning to head over. Welcome to all!

And, a little bird told me that we will probably get to see someone's brand new car race for the first time....... And no, it's not our new car...... It's one of the top drivers in Texas right now, and I'm sure hoping he will bring that new ride on Saturday! :o

And, a little bird told me that we will probably get to see someone's brand new car race for the first time....... And no, it's not our new car...... It's one of the top drivers in Texas right now, and I'm sure hoping he will bring that new ride on Saturday! :o

hum... :unsure: ... i think i know who your talking about !

hum... :unsure: ... i think i know who your talking about !

Not sure if we are thinking bout the same person. but, maybe so :unsure: .... There are a few folks who have new cars out there right now, and this particular hot shoe is starting to become very well known...

You're coming tomorrow, right? We love the look of your car! You always have one of the best looking rides around and Lauren loves the graphics!

By the way, 26f send me a pm with your cell # if you want to and I'll add you to my list of numbers when I send mass texts on important info... Helps when needing to get quick info to people if weather became an issue, etc.... Got a bunch of 'em in there right now

...By the way, 26f send me a pm with your cell # if you want to and I'll add you to my list of numbers when I send mass texts on important info... Helps when needing to get quick info to people if weather became an issue, etc.... Got a bunch of 'em in there right now

we will be there and thank you much. :D i will send you my #.

Everyone knows that we are doing the Mechanic's Races and Powder Puffs after the features on Saturday.

But, I had a question posed to me asking if we were doing the "Parents in the Mini's" again this year. I hadn't really given it much thought this year, but it was pretty entertaining last year. Are there any parents wanting to run in that venue?

Everyone knows that we are doing the Mechanic's Races and Powder Puffs after the features on Saturday.

But, I had a question posed to me asking if we were doing the "Parents in the Mini's" again this year. I hadn't really given it much thought this year, but it was pretty entertaining last year. Are there any parents wanting to run in that venue?

had a few people asking around about powder puff or mechanics in mini that would be good idea think it will happen tomorrow i will spread message

had a few people asking around about powder puff or mechanics in mini that would be good idea think it will happen tomorrow i will spread message

Definitely doing the powder puffs and mechanics. A mini can run in that. What happens is the track sizes up the folks pulling up for Powder Puffs and Mechanics Races and pairs up the cars accordingly. Probably wouldn't see a powder puff for mini's only if it's just 2 cars for example; they'd likely be paired up with the bombers or whatever. But, if there were six or seven powder puff mini's that'd warrant their own group. Just ends up getting played by ear based on interest and who pulls up to compete.

See ya tomorrow - Monty

Archived