"Show Me The Money" #3.......September 19

Montgomery Motorhead

The 3rd Show Me The Money race will take place this Saturday night September 19 at the Montgomery Motor Speedway. This will be a 100 lap PLM race paying 5,000 bucks to the winner. MMS has just been repaved and this will be the first race on the new pavement.............ABSOLUTELY NO TIRE SOAKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN ANY CLASS...................For more infomation call the track at 334-262-6101.

Bobby Knox owns the track now. He is an area racer who has a contracting business, I think cement.

He hads just paved the place, installed some rails to the stamnds, and the stands will also get an upgrade in the off-season. They bought the bleachers when Birmingham Speedway was torn down.

Last I heard about Crawford, he had approached Ida Fields about Mobile. Not positive it happened, nor have I heard anything coming of it either way.

From what I have heard Ida Fields is asking a ridiculous amount of money for Mobile Speedway and Crawford says it is way to much so they have not been able to strike up a deal. Crawford has said all along that Mobile Speedway is the track that he really wants..........................................As far as Montgomery Motor Speedway Bobby and Mark Knox are doing a fantastic job with promoting the track. The new grandstands that they built are beautiful and the track has just been repaved about two weeks ago. They have added several more concession stands to help speed up the service.........After being closed for three years we are in the process of getting our local classes of car counts built back up. The race fans here in Montgomery have really supported MMS this year. Several of our shows this year have been standing room only crowds. The fans here appreciate very much what the Knox family has done for MMS...................2010 should be a fantastic year for Montgomery Speedway. For more info go to www.MontgomerySpeedway.com or call MMS at 334-262-6101

This race has been called off because of the threat of more rain to come for the entire weekend. It has rained every day this week in Montgomery and the track is flooded in certain sections. This race has been rescheduled for Saturday night October 10.....................................................The next race at Montgomery Motor Speedway is the October 2 & 3, B.J. Parker Super Late Model World Classic paying a possible 10,000 bucks to win. Practice and qualifing will be on Friday October 2 and the World Classic will be run on Saturday night October 3. along with local classes.

Archived