Thunderhill Raceway cancels September 12 races

debwill

After checking out the track and looking at the weather forecast for today and tomorrow, we have decided to cancel all racing activities at Thunderhill Raceway this weekend - including tonight's open practice session (9/11) and tomorrow's races (9/12).

The ground in the pit and parking areas, along with the track infield, is already saturated from yesterday's rain. Additional rainfall is expected today and tomorrow, and conditions are unfavorable to hold the races this weekend.

Here's a summary of the schedule changes that will be made as a result of this cancellation:

o Reschedule the TSRS Late Models to the next racing event at THR (September 26)

o Reschedule the DWIDUDE.COM 50 sponsorship for the Pro Trucks at the THR Texas Stock Car Spectacular (October 10)

o Hold double feature races (no heat races) for the ASA A-Line Super Stocks on September 26. The ASA national championship guidelines require that 14 races need to be completed by September 27. Since we’ve only run 12 races so far this year, we’d need to make sure we get the other two races completed on September 26, along with determining the THR Super Stock track champion. The feature races on September 26 would be the last points’ races of the season for the Super Stocks. However, the Texas Stock Car Spectacular will be the last points’ race for the other THR classes (Mini Stocks, Grand Stocks and Thunder Stocks).

o Open the pits gates earlier on September 26 – at 11: 00 a.m. instead of noon – to accommodate the additional classes

We know this cancellation is disappointing for our drivers and fans, and we hope you'll choose to join us for our next race on Saturday, September 26.

Please don't forget to support the Save the Firehall Benefit that's scheduled at the Manchaca Firehall on Sunday, September 13, from 12:00P-5:00P. If you have any items you wish to donate for the live and silent auctions, please contact Tiffany Vogel at 512-947-0540, and she will come pick them up. She also has raffle tickets available if you wish to enter the drawing for the Aggie and Longhorn BBQ pits.

I guess we'll be watching Richmond and bashing Kyle - not my usual Saturday night!

And, David, instead of a canoe, find you a boat to practice up for the Crash Fest.

. . . still no rain at my house! It just ain't right!!! :angry:

I guess we'll be watching Richmond and bashing Kyle - not my usual Saturday night!

And, David, instead of a canoe, find you a boat to practice up for the Crash Fest.

:lol::lol::lol: I'm up for a little Kyle bashing.

I won't tell you what it's doing at my house Debbie. And you are right, that just ain't right.

No RAIN????!!!! We've got so much of the stuff today we're having to send it BACK!!!!!

Archived