Loss of my brother

champ1796

While many that post and read here may not know me, I have been for the most part a regular at CC Speedway as a fan, driver, crew and just plain supporter of the track for most of my 47 years. I recently lost my older brother Henry to an apparent heart attack while he was playing tennis with the love of his life. Totally unexpected as he appeared to be in good health and family history indicated that he may live into his 80's plus. I have since buried myself in my work, family and even forums like this one trying to deal with it while maybe not actually doing so. It has recently hit home hard and I feel the need to post my loss. Henry was not only my brother, but also my friend, my roommate and confidant. I have had more than my share of loss in the recent years and have learned that I havent grown with experience in this tough situation. At the same time, I feel the need to reach out to those that I feel closest to and that includes some of the family that I have gained in the racing community. I have gained many friends at CC in my years and while I am not a close figure at the track anymore, I am there in thought every week.

Your Friend,

Duane Jones

SORRY ABOULT YOUR LOSS .WE CAN TELL YOU WERE VERY CLOSE .LOSEING A LOVED ONE IS VERY HARD AND UNEXSPECTLY AS THIS MAKES IT EVEN HARDER ... YOU DIDNT GET THE CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE .BUT I KNOW HE HEARS YOU ..WE ARE GLAD YOU TURN TO US IN YOUR TIME OF HARDSHIP .... YOUR EXSTENDED FAMILY CANT TAKE YOUR BROTHERS PLACE .BUT HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE IT ,MORE BEARABLE.. WE ARE HERE IF YOU NEED TO TALK .OPENLY OR PRIVATE ........ YOUR BROTHER MUST HAVE BEEN A GREAT ONE ......... COME SEE US IF YOU COME OUT TO THE RACES ..YOUR ALWAYS WELCOME ..........+

It's tough losing someone so close so suddenly. Makes no sense to any of us, but it does make sense to the One who created us all... We just have to trust His judgment during trials like the one you're going through.

Duane was part of the Live Updates from CC Speedway last Saturday, saw that things were running late and came out to the track in time to catch the last two features.

Nick

Archived