I-30 Speedway's 4th Annual 600 Nationals one week away

NickHolt

I-30 Speedway's Fourth Annual 600 Nationals Just One Week Away!

by Lonnie Wheatley

Little Rock, AR (September 10, 2009) – In another week's time, the sound of 600cc Micro Sprint Car engines will fill the air around Little Rock's I-30 Speedway, as a hundred or so teams from throughout the nation will gather for the Fourth Annual 600 Nationals presented by Hoosier Tires.

And, after attracting in excess of over 100 teams in the initial three renditions of the event, this year's 600 Nationals will be even bigger with three full nights of racing action on September 17-19 atop the high-banked, ¼-mile clay oval.

The weekend also includes the Third Annual Landers Harley-Davidson Horizon Mini Sprint Nationals.

Following a Test N' Tune session on Wednesday night, September 16, two full nights of preliminary competition rather than the one night of previous years will lead into Saturday night's $8,000-to-win and $500-to-start 600 Nationals championship main event. The originally announced winner's share of $7,500 has already been bumped up an extra $500 courtesy of K&W Truck Repair in Searcy, AR.

All entries may compete on either of the qualifying nights or both of the qualifying nights, with the top four from each qualifying night main event locked into Saturday night's "Odus Pack Building Materials Dash for Cash", which sets the starting grid for the front four rows of the championship finale.

All others outside the top four on each qualifying night will battle through a full card of heats and qualifiers to set the balance of Saturday night's main event lineup.

All non-qualifiers will collect $275 on Saturday night.

Drivers submitting entries by the Saturday, September 12, can save $100 with a pre-entry fee of just $150. Entries submitted after the deadline will be $250.

The weekend also includes the Third Annual Landers Harley Davidson Horizon Mini-Sprint Nationals. The Horizon Mini-Sprints take to the track on both Friday and Saturday, with Friday's top six finishers locked into Saturday night's $1,000-to-win main event.

Joining in on Saturday's card will be I-30 Speedway's popular Sprint Car division.

After topping the inaugural version of the event in 2006, Osceola's Travis Senter, Jr., defended his home-state turf for the second time in three tries by besting a field of 110 entries last year. Jerrod Wilson took the winner's loot across state lines to Oklahoma in 2007.

Pertinent 600 Nationals Information:

What: Fourth Annual 600 Nationals presented by Hoosier Tires & I-30 Speedway and Third Annual Landers Harley Davidson Horizon Mini-Sprint Nationals

Where: I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, AR). I-30 Speedway is located seven miles southwest of Little Rock off I-30 Exit 126 (Alexander Road).

When: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, September 16-19, 2009; Wednesday Test N' Tune session begins at 6:00 p.m.; Thursday, Friday and Saturday – gates open at 5:00 p.m., with racing at 7:30 p.m.

Entry Info: Entries postmarked by September 12 are just $150. Entries submitted after the September 12 pre-entry deadline will be $250. Entries received via mail at 2900 Old Jacksonville Highway, North Little Rock, AR, 72117, that are postmarked September 12 or earlier will be honored at the $150 pre-entry fee. Entry forms may be obtained at http://www.i-30speedway.com/600nationals.html or by calling the track at 501-455-4567.

Admission: Wednesday Test N' Tune is free at the front gate. Adult admission is $5 on Thursday, $10 on Friday and $15 on Saturday. Children ages 6-12 are just $1 on Thursday and Friday and $2 on Saturday.

Wednesday Test N' Tune pit passes are $10. Thursday and Friday pit passes are $25 each night, with Saturday pit passes at $30. Three-night pit passes (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) will be available for $75.

Format: Once again, a version of the Sprint Bandits popular format of heats and qualifying races will be in place for all three nights of competition. Each night, Heat Races will be aligned according to the pre-race draw, with the passing points system in effect. A subsequent set of Last Chance Races followed by Qualifying Races, with passing points again in effect, will set each night's feature lineup.

The top four from Thursday night's feature and the top four from Friday night's feature will be locked into the championship feature event and will run in Saturday night's "Odus Pack Building Materials Dash for Cash" to determine the alignment of the front four rows of the 600 Nationals championship feature event.

For more information regarding the Fourth Annual 600 Nationals, check www.i-30speedway.com or contact the track at 501-455-4567.

Archived