Race Positions

Toyotatech

GB started 3rd row inside so he started 5th. GB has always been a great starter so even if you moved him back another row I dont think it would have changed the outcome of the race (barring his engine problem)

You're probably correct. I just remembered that he was in the third row at the start. Sorry for the mistake.

Nick

This is a fair question so I will try to answer it.

The line up is set by points.The higher the points,the farther back you start.Unless you miss last week,then you start scratch.All the people that started in front of me were there the week before but have less points.All the people that started behind me have more points or missed the week before.Im not sure how the absent cars line up.maybe by when they pass the gate.

Although I agree the faster cars should start in the rear,using the point total in my opinion is not fair to those who make the most races.For example,in 2002 I brought out the Rabbit with 5 races left.It took that long to get it fast enough to haul that far.I had been racing at McAllen making improvements all year.I had to start over because the car I had before was an air cooled rear engine and I had no parts left for the rabbit.

I remember Thumpers first nite very well.I started scratch because I had no points and had not been there the previous race.There were 18 to 20 cars.Thumper was running good and was passing cars every lap.On the white flag lap I almost caught the leader and in turn 4 we caught a lap car.The lapper was in the hi middle of the track and the leader slowed to pass low.I saw an opening but it was slightly too small to fit so I got onto the wall rubbing it so when I made contact with the lapper I would not bounce into it.With sparks flying I brushed the lapper and won the race,hence the spirit of Thumper was born.Nobody was damaged except the britches of the lapper,I scared him.

Funny thing is I saw Carl Edwards make a similar move a couple of years back but he hit the wall too hard.

Back to the point,the next 4 races I started in or near the front every time.So using total points can be unfair to a regular if a fast car comes out late in the season.

The following year we went to using a points average.Thats total points devided by number of appearences.This would have made me start last after the first race because of a high average.100 points devided by 1 appearance = an average of 100%.Nobody racing all year will have 100%.This system puts the cars in order of their performance rather than attendence.

This was brought up at one point this year but the season had already been going and with all the other duties along with limited resourses and all that was needed to get this place up and running again this was not a hi priority item.I usually volinteered to start scratch until that bad fast 23 came around.So blame him. :lol:

Im sure this will be adressed before next season now that the scorekeeping in on computer.

Now to finish,last week it looked like Thumper was endangering everyone by blowing oil all over.Fact is it was mostly smoke.When I was checked after the yellow,no oil was found under or on the back of the car.It was hot and smoking when I lifted but that was burnt in the headers.I was told there were 3 laps left and I wanted to win because I had figgured out this was my last race.The engine had a cracked block or head and no time to fix it before the season ends.On the 3rd lap of restart I was still leading but on the 4th lap there was enough accumulated oil it caught fire.My breather overflow goes right into the header to burn any blowby.Donna added a little to the tape and it was funny.But I had been watching monster jam and was not goint to quit.I think the fire would have gone out ( it did anyway ) and I might have won anyway.But the fire crew saw a potential danger and quickly reacted by stopping the race.I would not have stopped even if my helmet started melting but a red flag ended it all.Is there any question that CC Speedway looks out for the safty of its people even when they do stupid things? Thanks fire crew.

After the cleanup of the oil I put down on the 2nd restart I got a push start and drove Thumper to the trailer.Sunday It took 1 1/2 qt of oil and 2 qt of water to fill everything,and after charging the battery I drove it off the trailer into the barn.But I still have that crack in the block or head.It was not a head gasked afterall.

The lineups are situated like this:

1. All drivers in attendance the previous week from lowest to highest points for the current half of the season.

2. All drivers that have points for the current half of the season, from lowest to highest points for the current half of the season.

3. All drivers that have total points from lowest to highest total points.

4. All newly registered drivers

5. All drivers from the above mentioned groups that have ELECTED to start scratch in the order mentioned above.

For example:

Let's say that my Texas Thunder registration at the driver's meeting came in like this:

17, 28, 66, 23, 68, 7, 8, 77, 88, 0, 31, 6, and 4.

The lineup would look like this:

Heat #1

17 Bubba Ford 28 Lisa Sandoval

66 Shawn Carpenter 77 GB Carter

8 Charly York 68 Kevin Ebers

23 Cody Limerick

Heat #2

7 Jesse Sandoval, Sr. 31 Randy Lee

0 Josh Harris 88 Nellie Kelly

6 Randy Smith 4 (Newly Registered Car)

Feature

17 Bubba Ford 28 Lisa Sandoval

66 Shawn Carpenter 77 GB Carter

8 Charly York 68 Kevin Ebers

23 Cody Limerick 7 Jesse Sandoval, Sr.

31 Randy Lee 0 Josh Harris

88 Nellie Kelly 6 Randy Smith

4 (Newly Registered Car)

In this situation, no one elected to start scratch.

So 28 wasnt allowed to race? :P

No, he did race but he had one of Nick's lighter than air chassis and the score keepers couldn't see it (or anybody else for that matter) so if you don't see it it doesn't get scored. He is going to put one of the flourescent bicycle flags on it next week... :lol:

No, he did race but he had one of Nick's lighter than air chassis and the score keepers couldn't see it (or anybody else for that matter) so if you don't see it it doesn't get scored. He is going to put one of the flourescent bicycle flags on it next week... :lol:

As anyone who has ever run one of my Lighter than Air Chassis knows, you go so fast in one of thoes rockets that you actually go backwards in time. So when reading transponder results for one of these cars it always shows up as a negative number. For instance, if you go to the secret section of MyLaps, you see that #28 clicked of laps of -1.20, -1.15, -1.21, etc. So about every negative second and a half, the #28 would complete a lap.

That's why you never see one of my chassis in the results column and why promoter around the world have outlawed by amazing chassis, but they still run at tracks all over because you can't outlaw what you can't see! Kinda like you ain't cheating until you get caught. Makes sense, right?

Nick

Archived