Can o Worms

I'm probably going to regret this, but I am going to ask anyways. If any of you would like to voice your opinions to me about how things are going at the track, PLEASE do so in a PM to me. I value all of your thoughts and concerns & even complaints.

So go ahead and open the flood gates and let me hear from you.

Brian

I'm probably going to regret this, but I am going to ask anyways. If any of you would like to voice your opinions to me about how things are going at the track, PLEASE do so in a PM to me. I value all of your thoughts and concerns & even complaints.

Brian

My wife and I had the opportunity to go to last weekends race and from our point of view as spectators this is one of the nicest tracks we have been to. As a racer its alot different in the pits and behind the scenes but from the stands it appears to us as it is a well oiled macjine and things are being handled great without Jim there. He should be proud of all of you stepping up and maintaining the image it has. All of the staff that I met in the concessions were very nice and professional. Didnt hear one complaint from any of the staff at all. I comend all of you for handling the power outage so quickly. I have told everyone in the SA area what a great place it is and that the racing is outstanding. Sincerely, J.C. and Cindy Pilcher

This last weekend was my first time back racing at this track in over eight years. My car has been sitting on the trailor in the barn all that time. I told myself that when this race track opened up and was serious about staying open I would attempt to get back out there. Only with the support of my wife and kids, did my dad and me drag the car out and see what it was going to take to get back racing. With the help of some very good friends sponsering me I was able to get going. I am very grateful to ALL of them. Anyways, my first time back was awesome. I couldn't wait to get started going round again. Jim has put together a team of people that any Nascar track would be proud of. He and Laurie should be so proud to have them. Anyways enuff ramblin, I just wanted to say thanx for an excellent night of racin and I can't wait to do it again Saturday night.

Thanx again, Brandon Moore

# 89

we were at the races Sunday night and i got to say the races were great! The only complaints we have are the how long the program was (i know there was some uncontrolled delays) and the other thing is the orange cones in the middle of the track in turns 3 and 4 i would like to see them pushed in. the reason why is to give the guys with the smaller motor could run the inside! and maybe even seeing some great slid jobs! Just my 2 cents

Will be there Saturday!

starting earlier would be great heard few people in stands say they dont like staying for the race because it over late and they dont get to see all of racing events maybe if car causes two cautions may need to exit track i think edna does this i watched a few races their racing great at sos i enjoy watching racing at sos

2 areas that would help alot. Earlier start time now that summer is about over and caution laps. Caution laps and getting the guys back in order within a lap or two. Each caution is taking at least twice the time it should. Tough job but its a big track giving you extra time. Also something small but prior to last race the cars came on the track and stopped. This got them together 1 or 2 laps latter race was on not coming out and trying to get everyone together with laps still clicking off. Small things but there was alot of heat races so start multiplying and the time really adds up alot. Easy to cut an hour out of the program without it suffering any.

We have all the confidence in you guys. I am still amazed that your first 2 shows have gone as smooth as they have. Until you have been in those shoes you have no idea how much actually goes on a couple hours. With alot of stuff having nothing to do with racing, lol! Its truely amazing!

starting earlier would be great heard few people in stands say they dont like staying for the race because it over late and they dont get to see all of racing events maybe if car causes two cautions may need to exit track i think edna does this i watched a few races their racing great at sos i enjoy watching racing at sos

good idea... if a driver cant keep his car under controll and causes 2 cautions he should be done

• 1 month later...

Need to make it when a caution comes out on the last lap, whoever is in the lead wins, not 1 lap restarts. Just like in nascar - which was put in place to prevent the big wrecks when people jocking for 1st. Which is pretty evident after last nights race.

You have a beautiful race facility! We drive from austin to race in your super stock class and we have had a blast this season! We are sad to say that we will not be able to continue this season due to the damage done to the car at this past race! We will see yall next year! Thanks Shady Oak Speedway!

Matthew Hodge

Hey Eric, when dad was drove off the track sideways and pushed into the dirt mound it twisted the right side frame rail and bent all the steering linkage. Then when being towed off the track the tow truck was a little too rough pulling dad into the pits and broke the rear frame in back of the fuel cell! :angry: ! Oh well, its time to go fishing anyway! We will be back next year with a new car! Good luck to all of you!

• 2 weeks later...

My family LOVES coming to SOS on race nights! We would stay til 4am to watch all races if we had to! Things seem to be running so great, i couldn't find anything to complain about if i tried. But i do have TWO suggestions, we sit in the stands by turn 4, and anytime there is any action in that turn our view is blocked by a tree! Sometimes it is VERY frustrating!!!! We have missed several things cause we just can't see if cars are too high in turn 4. Would it maybe be possible to have that tree removed? :rolleyes: There is nothing else that blocks anyone's view on any part of the track other than that one tree. And, we are glad to finally have speakers to hear the announcements on the far ends of the stands, BUT, they are quite loud! Sometimes we have to hold our ears cause it actually hurts! :wacko: Can the volume be turned down a few clicks? Thanks for giving us something to look forward to on saturday nights!! Ya'll are doing a GREAT job, keep up the good work! ;)

Brian

Much much better, on the restarts this week not as many tore up cars with starting off of the tires rather than the other way.... After looking at the payout for this coming weekend all looks great!!! But, the mod payout is getting a lot of attention for the way the money is being split up $1500 to win and than $300 for second, That is a first for me $1200 dollar split ?

Much much better, on the restarts this week not as many tore up cars with starting off of the tires rather than the other way.... After looking at the payout for this coming weekend all looks great!!! But, the mod payout is getting a lot of attention for the way the money is being split up $1500 to win and than $300 for second, That is a first for me $1200 dollar split ?

That was at the request of the sponsor who posted the $1500. We just need to find a sponsor for 2nd now! ;)

That was at the request of the sponsor who posted the $1500. We just need to find a sponsor for 2nd now! ;)

I agree, we welcome anyone that would like to offer to help out the 2nd place mod. Like I stated in the 1st post on this thread, this year this race is going to be a benefit race and that is the ONLY reason the purses look funky. I know that all of you have been to the big shows where the purses are more in line with the 1st place, but I see no need for the owners at this time to go further in debt. We all have to remember that this is only the 1st year of running this place for Scribs and a lot has happened. We have HUGE plans for next season so please work with us and lets have a great Havoc race.

Archived