Announcer

He is the flagman for edna (wish he was for sos too) but I meant to tell him that too...seem like announcing is a hard job...and honestly i have only see a few that did even an ok job...Jim was great...doc saxton from houston was good...randy bonnet was my favorite...but a little outdated now...Ken would prob. make my top 5...

Well, thank you so much! :D I am Ken. I enjoy announcing the races and I also enjoy flagging at Edna.

I appreciate the comments and hope that I can continue to do the job of announcing.

You have to be a little crazy and prolly a little wired to do the things I do but, I do the best I can. B)

It was a pretty crazy night Sunday night but it was a good night. :blink: Thanks to all!

Nice to read positive comments about Ken. He is one of those behind the scenes individuals who really cares about the success of dirt track raing in our area. But, his positive role in supporting racing in our area many times goes unnoticed. He's been there for Texana since the start of the 2005 season and has probably the most thankless job at the track as the flagman. He truly is a very good flagman, very good announcer and good decent man overall. Again very nice to see some positive comments about one the behind the scenes good guys in the sport.

Ken,

I think you know where I stand as far as the announcing goes, but I will publicly say this, the night Jim got hurt I noticed that you grabbed the bull by the horns without being ask, did an outstanding job, and for that my friend I say thank you. I think its a true calling.

Victor Lindsey

• 4 weeks later...

To let everyone know, This is Ken, and I talked to Laurie today and she asked if I would be able to come and announce the rest of the season. i told her I would be glad to. So I will see yall Saturday nite! Looking forward to a great night of racing and fun. See all of yall there. Thank you for the nice comments on this topic. I humbles me to know that alot of you truly enjoy what I do. I will continue to bring my knowledge :blink: and expertise into my announcing and hope to bring yall the excitement yall have come to expect. :o Thank again and have a wonderful week. :)

Way to go Ken it was well deserved and fitting for you to be asked! You do a great job and everyone appreciates your effort. Just dont try to be flagman and announcer at the same time.... lol

Aw why not? :o We just need to have a five second delay for editing. :lol: If you could just hear what the flagman says up in the flagstand. ;)

Archived