Danica to try NASCAR in '10

lenny66

if a lady can handle a car and win at any level .i say go for it .but i just dont see her doing it ..its all promo stuff .do they think for real she can win in anything.... i dont hate her nore do i hate kyle .. is there talent in both yes .kyle is a good race car driver .but he isnt a good racer ..danica just wants to take picture throw a fit and make her money that way .gotta remember one thing .the cars she races now .have traction control and other things that nascar does not have ..big different ....plus i think the cot will need the roof razed up to fit her big head ..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant wait to watch her in a truck race either, should be very interesting. Danica does bring a decent fan base with her, that is a good thing. Whether or not she will see any success remains to be seen. I personally dont think she will have much success. But a top 5 here or there and her name being in the mix constantly will help Nascars fan base. If Danica has some success, then its a win win

I want to be at the first truck race she runs in. Those guys are going to play pinball with her. As much beating and banging as they do without her on the track I cant wait to watch...

Kiss, you and how many others will want to be at that first race?.................... and how many of her fans?.............. and how many on TV? That's precisely what they will be counting on! :)

Danica has pretty well proven that she can handle a car at high speed safely otherwise she would have never ran at Indy. Ever watch the rookie trials there? Believe me you just don't get a high dollar car and go out and qualify it. You first have to prove you can run above a set speed for so many laps before they even out to qualify. She is as capable to handle a COT because of her relatively small size as os any other driver who is about her size. AS bad as some say the COT was in the beginning I don't hear too many complaining now. I don't believe any NASCAR driver is going to go out there and bounce her car around because that is not how the majority of them operate. To say her coming over to NASCAR will hurt NASCAR more than the problems it is having now is purely a WAG. Whats a WAG. Its a Wild A - - - - Guess. Just remember IRL and CART wwere in the death throes before she showed up in the IRL and since then their numbers have steadily come up. I personally never have heard her "cry" in the same manner as Kyle Busch because if you remember her most visible incident where she went after another driver was at Indianapolis when she was running very well and well could have won it had a rookie not made a dumb move on pit row and take her out of the race.

I hear a lot of talk that she is not doing well in IRL but I notice she is in the top 10 in points and probably has more top 5 finishes this season than some of the folks on here who are critizing her. I agree with Buddy. This is the place to discuss our opinions but it would be nice to see more factual statements than comments on ones feelings. Give a bit of credit where credit is due. If there are NASCAR owners who are interested enough to think about offering her a ride then she must be doing something right because these people just don't hire any face to fun their expensive equipment.

All those mean ol' rednecks beating up on poor, poor little Danica? :(

post-1274-1252531750.jpg

You think it will sell? Vince McMahon couldn't come up with a script to match that. :P

Buddy, Now this is absolutely georgeous. You know talent when you see it.

I cant wait to watch her in a truck race either, should be very interesting. Danica does bring a decent fan base with her, that is a good thing. Whether or not she will see any success remains to be seen. I personally dont think she will have much success. But a top 5 here or there and her name being in the mix constantly will help Nascars fan base. If Danica has some success, then its a win win

BUT, if she SUCKS, and doesn't perform, then she will fade away to the jeers and laughter of millions. She has a lot riding on this.....

my friend dano .you cant give her credit to her racen trucks and real sorta looking cars when she hasnt even sat in one .and until she does and looks like she can handle them and try not tobe just another purty face .i wont give her credit .we all know why she is being brought over .it isnt her driveing skill ..i look at all thease pic.s that my good friend budman post on here and 99.percent of em has nothing to do with racen ..its a purty dress or nothing on her nothing body ...so you tell me .why is nascar wanting her to come over . i will admit she is purty .but what are we selling here .a driver or a purty lady ..

Great answer, Budman.

Let's try to remember, gang, that in sports, you don't get paid for competing or winning. You get paid according to how many paying customers you bring in.

See: Michael Waltrip at zero for 463 or whatever, or Dale Junior for his career since his dad was killed...

if its just to sell tickets then nascar is in trouble .which we already know they are .... they tried the cot .that hasnt worked .so lets go get us some skin and see if that works ........i say bring the old cars back ..get rid of the purty boy bs .and purty girl bs ... let drivers speak thier minds ..get back to some more shorter tracks .let someone get thier butt kicked .and then id bet they would sell tickets like never before ...and lower the price .....

THE DAY OF THE GOOD OLE BOYS IN NASCAR IS OVER, AND THAT IS PRETTY SAD. NOTHING WRONG WITH DANIKA TRYING HER HAND AT NASCAR IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL IT THAT ANYMORE. WHEN JR. IS GONE AND JEFF GORDON,MARK MARTIN, AND TONY STEWART I BELIEVE NASCAR IS PRETTY MUCH DONE. YES DANIKA WILL BRING IN FANS AND NASCAR WILL SELL TICKETS, BUT SHE HAD BETTER SELL A WHOLE LOT OF THEM PLUS APPAREL AND ALL OF THE OTHER JUNK THAT THEY PUT OUT THERE. IF YOU AREN'T WINNING RACES YOU HAD BETTER BE MAKING MONEY FOR NASCAR SOME KINDA WAY OR YOU WILL BE OUT NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE. I MET DANIKA AT TMS AND LET ME TELL YOU HER SISTER DOES GIVE HER A RUN FOR HER MONEY AS FAR AS LOOKS GOES.

Back when Dale Earnhardt died I pretty much thought NASCAR would be dead and gone in no time but they are still running folks. Seems that every year when a good ole boy retires it seems that someone just steps in and takes his place. They are having problems at this time mainly because of some of the decisions they had made in the recent past but they are now also starting to make some intelligent moves. Take the double file restart for example. Great! Like races should be restarted. I see other changes coming possibly with the qualification format that will spark new interest. Also the present economy has been crunching NASCAR as well as all racing everywhere but one must agree that racing is surviving better than some other things are. Been around a long time and watched racing for over 60 years now and have watched it ebb and flow soo many times to remember the count. But it always comes back and something like Danica giving NASCAR a try is one of those sparks that could ignite that new wave of popularity. I would not think Danica would even try trucks and heavier cars if she felt she could not handle it and I'd bet there are people out there who will make sure she has the car/truck that will handle as well as those Indy cars handle. I know that Danica is one really fine looking lady but face it people, she does not hold a candle to our friend Mike "Old Timer". See you at the Spectacular Mike.

...I know that Danica is one really fine looking lady but face it people, she does not hold a candle to our friend Mike "Old Timer". See you at the Spectacular Mike.

Doesnt hold a candle to Oldtimer in what regard? I knew my eyes werent what they used to be but I must really need glasses :lol:

hell i dont look into the mirror much .i suppose ill go take a look. just a minute ...oh hell ....... dano .you need to stop flashing your eyes with that camera .....its doing funny things to your mind .... cuz what i saw after i finaly talked the mirror into turn back towards me .with a threat of braking it ..works everytime ..lol . she will burn me with the candle ..may help ...

OK OK. Old Timer has character. Danica is just another pretty face. Both of them can drive. We may never see Danica at THR but you can bet money we will see Mike

at THR. Nothing wrong with the mind Mike, just getting older and character means more to me than the good looks. I beat that old mirror problem Mike by using the old

metal mirror the Army gave me long long ago. It won't turn its back on you or break. And you don't have to sneak up on it either.

Now back to Danica. Yes, NASCAR will gain from her coming over to drive even on a temporary basis because she does sell tickets. But at the same time I would not sell her short on talent either because I know some pretty well heeled drivers that could not pass the rookie test at Indy. She is willing to take the learning route into NASCAR and that speaks volumes. I say she will qualify because she has the attitude and desire to do well at what she does. The PR issue is something IRL had placed on her because they know what sells. She went to IRL to race and they saw an opportunity. Now its NASCARs turn soon. She may not do well or she just may be very average but I doubt she will embarass herself or anyone associated with her. She is a competitor. :)

dano ill try the metal mirror ...i dont really think much of danica . she is cute ..but not all that to me ..but if she can handle it .who are we to complain ..just dont think nascar needs to go after someone just to sell tickets ..that may work a few times ... they nascar needs to get back to thier roots ..then the ticket sell .s will climb back up ..as for thunder hill .we will not have a car at the race ..the motor lost a rod and its to late in the season to build another one .and we wont cut corners on a block with a 4000. dallor head sitting on it ... .so its over for us ...as for racen again .i will be racen my brothers car this weekend ..if lalo needs help i may get off that day and come up and hang out .with all my old friends ..ok older friends ....

• 2 weeks later...

That's right Rat. According to the IndyStar, she has signed. No surprise there. She re-signed with Andretti-Green Racing, a three year contract. Another lucrative sponsorship deal, same sponsor, same #7 Car, same team.

The Indy Car season is currently 17 races per season. This will give her plenty of off-weekends to dabble in Nascar and ARCA type racing over the next three years. Going over full-time to Nascar will not happen prior to that.

What I see as the problem in the immediate future is not her, it is her team. It is a fair question to ask "If she is really any good, why doesn't she have more wins?"

You have to look at the bigger picture. In 2007, AGR teams (4 of them) had nine wins. In 2008 AGR teams had 2 wins, Danica's Montegi win was one of them. In 2009 they have ZERO wins. There was a time when AGR was considered in the big 3 of IRL, along with Penske and Ganassi. That is no longer the case. AGR has clearly slipped to the second tier.

AGR is fully aware of this. Look for an announcement shortly of a complete reorganization of AGR. Michael Andretti will be taking full charge of all racing operations.

Buddy, As usual you have all your ducks in a row. She did sign the 3 year IRL deal and she will have lots of time between their 17 events to squeak in an occasional

truck or nationwide race. There was never anything definite that she had a ride in those two NASCAR series but there are people talking to her. NASCAR has little to do

with it, its teams that are talking to her that just happen to run in NASCAR. So she is not out of the picture by a long shot. The only thing definite about her doing any competing in NASCAR is that it won't be with the Stewart-Haas team. Tony Stewart had only said he would be happy to give her pointers, etc. You and I would do that

too wouldn't we? Danica, turn left!!!. I think we may see her in 2010 even if only for a couple shows.

Archived