H.O.T. forum on LSS?

Peddler

Yes, this is not your normal racing site. I actually monitor the site and try my best to keep the bitching, bashing and tar and feathering down to the lowest level possible. I try my best to make this site a place where owners/promoters can get on here and post without getting nailed to the cross by the boo-birds.

Of course, this does not sit well with those who want to use the forums to be their own personal bitch boxes, but, oh well....

Again, if the Adamcak's would contact me about this I would be delighted to add their track to the forums.

Nick

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nick Holt and I don't always agree, and sometimes we disagree vehemently. But I absolutely support the way he moderates this site. I don't know how he does it.

People have asked to be added to this forum and people have been asked to be removed from it, all for their own reasons. But I'm pretty sure it is only the principals involved with a track who can ask for one or the other. I can't call Nick, for example, and ask that he add a track to the forum because I don't own or operate a track.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the H.O.T. folks have to say when and if that track gets added. As has been noted, not everyone likes Nick's rules. As for me, I don't mind because I'm not planning on insulting anyone on the forums and am not quite sure why anyone would. Nick and I did have a short discussion on what he considers advertising on the site and what he does not, but it was an amicable discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up at HOT, well once it's in the blood we never grow too old. In the early 70's not many out-of towners could run with the Modified regulars at HOT. This was one cutting edge era in Texas dirt racing for the Speedway. Largly due to every one running any and everything to try and beat a named Bill White! Back in those day they ran 3 classes of cars Modified, Stock and Hobby. Now everyone is usually chasing another White. I love this old plot of clay! Boy o boy I could tell you some stories. Over the years many great drivers and car builders that were way ahead of their time.

Therefore I would love to see it on LSSZ. It could even be a wake up call to where this track, racers and it's fans really are! If Nick has to take it off due to all the slamming and jamming this should tell us (myself included) how far we have slowly drifted away from the greatness that has been our history.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 9/20/09]

Someone started this thread by making a very good suggestion that HOT have its own forum on LSS. I'm totally for that. Just need to get with a few folks first.

But look what is happening to this thread.

First LSS is called out for being too restrictive and the suggestion is made that I would can the forum shortly after it was put up.

Then it turns into a bitch session about how the track needs to improve the way they call the races and hints of track favoritism bubble up.

Yes, there are those who honestly believe that the forums should be used to put public pressure on the tracks to bring about change. They argue that folks with a legitmate complaint should be allowed to bitch about it on here. We all know that here are numerous racing sites where bitching and bashing runs wild. But Lone Star Speedzone is not one of those sites, and as long as I'm involved LSS will not become another bash site.

I have removed portions of a couple of posts in this thread where well-meaning people shared there complaints about the HOT management. Yes, they did it in a polite way and tried very hard to couch their complaints in the nicest possible way. But whether it's done nicely or not so nicely isn't the issue.

And please understand that we do allow general discussions about controversial topics. And we have had some very constructive threads about the use of black flags in racing in general. Or traction control, or all involved rules, or tire rules or class rules, or what is a clean pass and what is not. Just as long as it's not about a particular driver, team, sponsor, track or series....

Bottom line: If you have a complaint about the way a specific track is run, about a specific call, take it to the track management.

Thanks for reading...

Nick

Sorry Nick, I guess we all have a little bias if we are honest. I stay on LSSZ because of the polite and professional manner in which yall run it. I must admit I get very emotional when I hear and see negative press concerning HOT. This forum is tops!

Archived