8, 8 r- Dan Geil/Iowa Park, TX Toyota Celica/2246 (rrs) 17.169 35 Laps

9, 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Scirocco/1980 dnt 30 Laps

10, 77 Pete Wright/Ft. Worth, TX VW Scirocco/2008 16.520 15 Laps

11, 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2349-svo 16.186 14 Laps

12, 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX VW Scirocco/1648 15.705 10 Laps

13, 88 r- Dennis Taylor/Live Oak, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2232 16.901 9 Laps

14, 9 r- Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX Ford Fusion/2338-svo D 15.899 0 Laps

15, 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX VW GTI/2042 dnt dns

Margin of Feature Race Victory 2.932 secs. Note: Tom Johnson's 14.880 breaks RRS/TPS record by Mike Merrell set 5/24/09.

Penalty Note: #9 penalized from 6th to Feature Race scratch starting position for exceeding left side percentage rule.

dnt-did not time … dns-did not start … r - eligible for 2008 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

TPS thanks race sponsors:

Richard & Bea Villanueva, San Antonio

Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law, San Antonio

TPS thanks Short Track Motorsports, Lewisville & Red River Speedway for hosting 3 races during the 34th consecutive TPS season.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2009 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race Rain - Track - Remarks

Oct 10 tba - Thunder Hill Raceway, Time Trials, 34 Lap Feature Race @ THR "Stock Car Spectacular"

Nov 15 n/a - 2009 TPS Awards Dinner (Sunday) Earl Abel's Restaurant, 1201 Austin Highway, San Antonio (4:00pm)

To answer the posted questions .........

Oldtimer asked: "why did bobby not start"

Bobby Burrows drove his #9 Ford Fusion to the starting grid. The engine shut off and wouldn't start when the field moved out for pace laps. A wrecker pushed him to his trailer position. #9 recorded 0 laps. Maybe Bobby can come on here and explain what was wrong with his engine.

"what happend to sergio" During practice Sergio Hexsel's VW GTI was running fast, but holed a piston. He elected to put his car on the trailer. He and Crew Chief Don Dewees then assisted Pete Wright's #77 return to TPS racing in a brand new VW Scirocco. Pete dropped out of the race when he felt he had a deflating tire. He told me he will be at the TPS final 2009 season race at Thunderhill Raceway on October 10.

Nathan asked: "penalty for Bobby". Yes, the penalty is worded "#9 penalized from 6th to Feature Race scratch starting position for exceeding left side percentage rule". Regrettably, that is what happened as a result of the post time trial weight inspection. #9 had 6th fastest time, but was positioned at the rear of the Feature Race grid for the technical infraction. Bobby accepted the penalty with understanding and class.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Man what a weekend, found the speed I was looking for, It's a strange feeling being in the car thinking dang this car feels slow and then find out its the fastest the car has gone, the car was right. I was so happy with the speed they could have started me a lap back and I wouldn't have cared. I knew I was going to go forward but the shifter locked up and trying to get it out of gear it came off in my hands. So I got to watch the race. congradulations Mike thats how to hold them off, and Tom that was screaming. I just wish I could have run the feature. YEEHAAAA

Man what a weekend, found the speed I was looking for, It's a strange feeling being in the car thinking dang this car feels slow and then find out its the fastest the car has gone, the car was right. I was so happy with the speed they could have started me a lap back and I wouldn't have cared. I knew I was going to go forward but the shifter locked up and trying to get it out of gear it came off in my hands. So I got to watch the race. congradulations Mike thats how to hold them off, and Tom that was screaming. I just wish I could have run the feature. YEEHAAAA

i think you need to go automatic .your tough on the 4 speeds ..glad you found some speed .did any of those gear ideals work for you ..

Archived