Live Updates planned for CC Speedway this Saturday, 9/5/09

NickHolt

I'm headed to Corpus Christi Speedway tomorrow (Saturday, 9/5/09) to bring you Live Updates from the "Bullring" using the Cover it Live interactive software.

I'll be reporting the racing action live and will be firing up the Cover it Live software around 5:30 p.m. Should be fun. Haven't been to CC Speedway in a couple of years.

The Live Updates can be found by going to the Lone Star Speedzone front page (http://lonestarspeedzone.com and clicking "Live Updates from Corpus Christi Speedway, 9/5/09" found on the left side of the LSS front page.

Let me know if you have any problems logging in or posting comments.

Nick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didnt start the feature. Dont know why. Was hoping someone could fill us in on the detai

After about 15 laps of practice, the back of the crankshaft decided to divorce itself from the front. Me thinks it broke behind the thrust bearing.

We really went down to let Mel get some laps, left the 6:33 in it, and took some tires that had been laying around for a couple years. We could see the air in them through the cracks in them.

THEN, we found out that we coulda run the Kyle Hoosiers as long as we kept the Kyle ride heights and weight. DAMMIT......

Hate it, but, if there is a silver lining, it didn't happen next week with Allen in a points battle, and they now have time to throw something in there in time for Kyle.

Still had a great time down there, Dan Monroe came for a very nice conversation. We got there early, looking for fuel, and some of his guys working in the old shed went out of their way to acomodate us. Talked with the Tech guy, and I apologize for forgetting his name, but all of them were apprecitave of us for coming down.

Got to talk with JH and Steve Witsche, Cody and Bruce Beddoe, Ariel Arredondo, Old Geezer Mike McCain, and others.

I think that CC Speedway is on the right track, and 2010 should be even bigger for them.

He didnt start the feature. Dont know why. Was hoping someone could fill us in on the detai

After about 15 laps of practice, the back of the crankshaft decided to divorce itself from the front. Me thinks it broke behind the thrust bearing.

We really went down to let Mel get some laps, left the 6:33 in it, and took some tires that had been laying around for a couple years. We could see the air in them through the cracks in them.

THEN, we found out that we coulda run the Kyle Hoosiers as long as we kept the Kyle ride heights and weight. DAMMIT......

Hate it, but, if there is a silver lining, it didn't happen next week with Allen in a points battle, and they now have time to throw something in there in time for Kyle.

Still had a great time down there, Dan Monroe came for a very nice conversation. We got there early, looking for fuel, and some of his guys working in the old shed went out of their way to acomodate us. Talked with the Tech guy, and I apologize for forgetting his name, but all of them were apprecitave of us for coming down.

Got to talk with JH and Steve Witsche, Cody and Bruce Beddoe, Ariel Arredondo, Old Geezer Mike McCain, and others.

I think that CC Speedway is on the right track, and 2010 should be even bigger for them.

Well that bites. On the bright side, at least he's got a backup he can put in it.

tex thats oldtimer .not old geezer ..your slipping here .....great visiting with you and mel ..i looked over at the car and thought .man there is noway you can hide .you had that shiny look on top of your head just stands out ..lol ......... hated to see mels car loaded so early .i was looking forward to see him race ..nice looking car though ....i made it through the night .only hit a couple of cars that spun in front of me ...... we have another car tore up .lisa was turned into the front wall by another car trying to pass in her blind side .and now we have a rear half wiped out ..never had cars torn up like this

oldtimer

Next time Nick goes down there would you PLEASE see to it that he gets something to eat while he is giving live updates to the rest of us that couldnt make the trip. He gets real cranky when he knows Im eating cake and Kathy is eating M&M's. By the way.....why did you spin in practice all by yourself? Those V-8's have to much power for ya? ha ha. But we do think it was grand of you to drive near the back of the pack so you could teach those slower cars how to drive. Someone has to do it. On a more serious note....How is Lisa feeling? And how bad did it tear up the car? All of us online last night where pulling for her and for you. And what was the deal with everyone trying to coat the track down with oil? I wish I was the Kitty Litter dealer last night.

I dont know if what I'm about to ask is allowed on here but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.....One of the neat features of the software that Nick uses to bring us all the live updates is he can add photos. He doesnt have a descent camera to do this with. My question is this....does anyone have a GOOD digital camera that they would be willing to donate so Nick can post some action shots for all of us to enjoy while he gives live updates? He does all this for us for nothing. So if you would like to help out with this we would all be grateful. Thanks

It was a fun time last night. And I will second the fact that Nick get's cranky with no food. But heck, so do I. Let's see we had cake, Popcorn, warm and soft M & M's, ice cream with turkey in it, that's when when lost one person. Nick finally got his cheeseburger after all of that. We had one gal from Arizona tuning in.

Do tell us how Lisa is doing. We where all on pulling for you guys. Kept wondering where Mel was, now I know why he wasn't out there. Hopefully they can get that all fixed up. And hope your cars aren't to bad either oldtimer.

I think we all had fun.

The live updates are a lot of fun for me and, hopefully, everyone else who gets involved with the interactive stuff.... Most of the 278 people who logged in for this one didn't ask questions or make comments but just read the posts as the evening progressed. We did have 754 comments with 743 actually published (some were just there to cause trouble, but I get to read the comments before they are posted unless you're pre-approved (like Kathy, PAPA, budman, cuttingedgeracing and a few others)

We're still working out a couple of bugs in the "The Cover it Live" software, but it has many neat features that I haven't even tried yet. Like embedding pics and video from the event and pre-loaded video/audio ads (hear that all you potential sponsors out there???). It's mind boggling.

But, of course, all that requires high quality cameras. Now, before I continue, please know that I did NOT put PAPA up to seeking a donation, but it is very thoughtful of him anyway.

I know beggers can't be choosers and all that, but since most of the shots would be at night under very poor lighting conditions and way too far away for a flash to do any good except drain the battery, it would have to be a very good camera with high pixel counts and great resolution at telephoto distances under low light conditions - which might mean that it has to be a high quality SLR. Otherwise what you get is a lot of very dark, grainy pics.

Please don't spoil the surprise by telling my wife, but I'm planning on buying HER a nice camera for our 28th Anniversary.. he he he... I'll let you know when I get out of the doghouse.

Nick

To see the "replay" of the Live Updates from CC Speedway, 9/5/09, click here

It took some doing, but now you can see the whole thing from start to finish..

I butchered a lot of names, misspelled a lot of words and sometimes it's even hard for me to understand what I'm trying to say even though I wrote it! It's all because I'm trying to watch the races, report what I see, figure out who's driving what car and keeping the fourth eye on the comments coming in and type all at the same time... so if I misspelled your name or whatever, just go with the flow here..

Thanks.

Nick

Archived