Letter to the Editor

champ1796

This is the letter from the Corpus Christi Caller-Times, dated 9/4/09 and written by Robert Witten.

The letter - as it appears on the CC Caller-Times website - can be viewed at clicking here.

I took my 5-year-old son to the Corpus Christi Speedway two weeks ago and he was hooked; he loved it. I took him back this past week and we were able to visit the pit area after the races. He was treated like a king by the drivers; they let him sit in their cars and try the drivers’ helmets on, gave him souvenirs and pictures.

Mr. Silvas in the #85 shark car, and the drivers of the #68, and #64 cars were class acts; they patiently spoke to my son and talked to him about their cars. Corpus Christi Speedway has won fans for life in me and my family. The staff members are friendly and helpful. It’s a great way to spend a Saturday night. We can’t wait until the next one.

Robert Witten

we have seen alot of new fans this year ..whats great is alot of young kids . that makes it fun when even after losing a motor and a cam saterday.with all the frustrations ..the fans made it fun ,,one was 14 and wants to race thunder ...a pinto at that .his mom use to own one and is still a fan of em ...........way to go cc ...

Archived