Labor Day Races At Meyer

jakdad

Well guys, here we are again. It's time for the Twin Hundred Lappers this Saturday. 100 laps for the Broncos and 100 laps for the Modifieds. Our Labor Day Classic.

The track has been torn down and most of the cars have gone to the crusher. :( I wish we were racing this week end but it's just not meant to be.

One thing no one can take is our memories. Those are ours to do with as we wish.

Please keep the pics coming as it helps a lot........................................

Bronco # 8

Back in the 60's and the early 70's how to did the keep up with the laps you ran......I was out there having fun in the stands as a kid.... I know my dad was in was those event, but he some kind of wheel or tire trouble and not finish the race.

Jim,

I feel your thoughts and you are right, no one can take those memories away.

Time moves on with life's journey just like the end of a long hard feature race and then suddenly the race is over.

Hang in there as we try to find more history on Meyer Speedway.. ;)

Back in the 60's and the early 70's how to did the keep up with the laps you ran......I was out there having fun in the stands as a kid.... I know my dad was in was those event, but he some kind of wheel or tire trouble and not finish the race.

Yellow legal pad and a stop watch, usually one car per person. And a handful of number two pencils.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Doesn't look like Meyer. I never saw any cars run there that didn't have the doors welded shut. Maybe someone else can chime in here that knows the answer.

Just guessing here, but possibly pictured at the Dickinson, Texas Dragstrip on I45 S. As I recall, Hands did a lot of drag racing, and I believe he was a little heavier in later years than pictured. Maybe pictured here in the late 50s or early 60s.

Archived