SPORTMODS @ THR SPECTACULAR

lilmodified

AS MOST OF YA KNOW, THERE ARE A FEW OF US TRYING TO GROW THIS CLASS AT THR....

I HAVE A DIRT-ONLY FRIEND THAT HAS COMMITED TO BE AT THE SHOW IN OCTOBER, TWO OTHERS FROM OUR AREA HAVE BEEN TALKING TO ME ABOUT GOING, TOO, AS THEY HAVE NEVER RACED ASPHALT, AND I AM CURRENTLY TALKING TO A FEW FROM CORPUS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN COMING, AS WELL.

BUT, AS OF RIGHT NOW, WE ONLY HAVE 4 COMPLETE SETS OF TIRES. I DO KNOW THAT THERE ARE A FEW MORE TIRES COMING, BUT WE ARE STILL GOING TO NEED MORE...

THE TRUCKS & PRO-MODS USE THE SAME TIRES AS THE LIMITEDS. SO, IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIRES TO DONATE, PLEASE PM ME, OR CONTACT DON PAINTER, OR YOU CAN SIMPLY DROP THEM OFF AT THE TRACK W/JERRY. IF YOU NEED TO HAVE THE TIRES PICKED UP, THAT WILL BE ARRANGED AS WELL.

ANY AND ALL HELP WITH THIS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, AND WILL NOT GO UNNOTICED!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

it is my understanding that the track will have tires for the dirt guys to try

the tires that the track will have are the one's that i have been working so hard to round up. we will still need more. i know the corpus guys use the same tires, but the "dirt-only" folks will need some for the asphalt. bluemoonracing & yellow6 have donated the tires we have now, but it's not going to be enough. and HUGE thanks to those two teams for their help!!

again, anyone that has tires to donate...it will be greatly appreciated!!

the way it was explained to me from someone in the tire shed. is that the pull offs that are turned in to jerry will not be shipped off they will hold on to them. so there should be more of them

the way it was explained to me from someone in the tire shed. is that the pull offs that are turned in to jerry will not be shipped off they will hold on to them. so there should be more of them

Yeah there was a few set dismounted at THR this weekend and set aside for the sport mod guys. I know we had a set and will have another after this weekend.

J.C

thanks guys...that bit of info hadn't made it to me yet :) guess i need to find out for sure how many tires we actually have on premises as of now...there were only 16 tires there last weekend...i will double-check, tho. just don't want anyone to get shorted....

My brother will be there in the #64 sport mod from Corpus, and have heard of a few others from here that are going. Can't hardly wait.

well that makes 5 for sure and 2 that might be coming

plus, i have a friend that has commited, plus a couple others that have said they will make it if at all possible, so that's 3 more, hopefully....

Just a thought.....since this weekend is the SportMod Nationals in Waco Fri./Sat. and a Regional race Sun. in Ennis.......You might print ya up 50 or so fliers and pass them out/talk to drivers....Might pick up a few just out of pavement racing curiousity....Of course, depending on how close your rules are to IMCA rules......

Again, just an idea..........

thanks, rebel!

i won't be able to make the nationals this year :( , but i have recruited someone to do just that! he's gonna make some rounds and see if there is anyone interested from there. hopefully, we can get a few more to come. my goal is to have at least 20 sport-mods this year at thr. of course, more than 20 would be great!!! :D

Archived