thanks

JMcCain8

I want to thank Lisa and Jesse Sandoval for letting me attempt to race a car for the first time even though the motors had gone south saturday night. I also would like to thank the Carpenters for stepping up and letting me run the 99 in the mechanics even though i had never been in a car or driven standard before friday night.

And last but definately not least I want to thank my mom and dad for finally giving me the ok to race after being around racing for all my life. I love you mom and dad.

Thanks again to all who made this possible.

Joshua McCain

Sorry I wasn't there to see it, Joshua.

Sounds like you had a blast.

Rosie

rosie you being there would have toped his night off ..didnt think it would happen after losing a cam ..but shaine carpenter steped up and offerd joshua his car ..after some thought joshua decide to drive it .............. thanks to jessie giveing him pointers and showing him around the track .and lisa letting him use her car . he did really good .i know he has alot of talent .dad s always do .but even he surprised me in the way he handled that car ...both cars .. i think he surprised every one ...lol. i suppose after all those years of watching and listening . he had it easy .....iits just to bad some of those other cars that were going toget in the race had problems .so two drivers was all they could come up with ..so i thank dan for letting them race those 5 laps .in which joshua said . was way to short ...lol

Josh you did very well Friday night and Saturday night. I had no doubts beforehand that you would do well.

oldtimer, any chance of Josh getting a ride for next season?

all i can say is joshua was told by jessie what car do you want to drive next year .we have three ..heck when we took the picture s out on the track jessie pushed me out of the way . said let me stand next to my new driver ..so you tell me ..what do you think ..

Josh was fun running with you, glad we both had fun. Just wish I woulda had something with a few more ponys under the hood to keep up with you, and maybe some tires woulda helped me keep the car on the track in that last turn. But I agree, 5 laps totally not enough! Oh well its better then none! Was so not a good night for the thunders from what 12 or 13 to 6...ouch.

Josh was fun running with you, glad we both had fun. Just wish I woulda had something with a few more ponys under the hood to keep up with you, and maybe some tires woulda helped me keep the car on the track in that last turn. But I agree, 5 laps totally not enough! Oh well its better then none! Was so not a good night for the thunders from what 12 or 13 to 6...ouch.

you looked alittle fishy on the back streight .but goodjlob at keeping control.... he said he was glad you were not in the 23 but how funny it is that both cars you and joshua were suppose to race were out ..win or lose it was fun watching both of you ..me being the dad was glad both of you didnt race for five laps side by side ..dont think my haert could have taken it ...for the first time i now know what mom.s and dads feel like when your grown child is racen ..

well good job josh and you didnt even put a scratch on the car . you know i think he is a better driver than mike is ha ha ha well lets just hope all the thunders that broke down will get there cars fixed and make it back out there this saturday

you are not going to hurt my feelings ...i have to agree he looked better than me even after i raced a year ..you always want your son to be better than you .and if racen a car is one more thing he would be better at . then im happy . he alread has me beat as a baseball player .. we all know one race dont make a driver .but he got off to a good start. notso much for the win .but how he handled learning to drive a stick and being able to get around that track the way he did ... looks like carpenter and mccains may be back at it .next year . the younger ones that is ...i was used to racen two carpenters .now my son will have to get used to running with two ............

will be working on getting lisa.s car back out ..the 7 .aka 3 may just set the rest of the season out ..

hey mike i might just have another block if it would help you youll have to just replace it cause its one on the blocks im going to build up for next year hey i think i still have the motor that shane ran at the start of the year it would need rings and a crank

well it looks like jr wont be back this year .i think they have decided its best to waite for next year ..so there is no rush toget that car back out .and so late in the season to build another motor .we are going to spend our attention on getting a decent motor combo for lisa ... and if that works out .soon .then we may throw a boner in for joshua and let him drive jr.s a couple of races before the season is over ..but we will not get in a hurry to do so .the last three weeks have been tiring .and costly .and im ready for it to end .have other things i need to get done and it has nothing to do with racen . but partly becuz of racen i havent gotten it done ...thanks for the offer . dont know what i will find with lisa.s motor .so ill keep the offer available ..

I'll sell you a former championship winning engine that is complete & ready to run. Comes with car & all parts needed to repair it. I'll throw in all the extra stuff I have, heads, header, radiator, 2 new wheels & tires etc. Everything goes for $3600.

thats a good car pappy .but cant afford a loaf of bread ....

Archived