August 29, 2009 Videos

videomama

Crash 76, sorry taylor, what does that mean? I got taken out leading the race. Nice that you post videos on here I didn't think we completed a lap after Taylor hit me hmmmm. Thanks again Crash 76 for the videos.

good race . you had a good line till then ..

Crash 76, sorry taylor, what does that mean? I got taken out leading the race. Nice that you post videos on here I didn't think we completed a lap after Taylor hit me hmmmm. Thanks again Crash 76 for the videos.

I was only referring to the multiply replays of his wheel coming off.

Sorry Taylor

super street feaure -

sport mod feature -

sport mod heat & ap -

As always Donna, much appreciated efforts on your recordings. Started out to be a really good night and only to end up disastrous. Several foul ups on restarts and lineups. Got one question, since when does "all involved" apply to us down here? I remember that being a ROMCO rule. Could be wrong I guess. Either way, was not understanding why the leader was sent to the back. Oh well, hope next week runs a lot smoother for everyone, rain permitting.

Got one question, since when does "all involved" apply to us down here? I remember that being a ROMCO rule. Could be wrong I guess. Either way, was not understanding why the leader was sent to the back.

Our rules state that whoever brings out the caution, according to the track officials (which are Dan, the flagman, and the scorekeepers), gets sent to the back. It was a majority decision between the officials that both drivers were at fault, so both were sent to the back. It's happened a few times before but it doesn't happen often.

I for once agree with poorboy for the most part! But the offender made a mistake , and was no way intentional. The ruling may have been questionable, but it happens. It was still a good night of racing! I am just glad my $300 short block is holding up in a sportmod! You heard me right , I have a handful of witnesses. I hope to see two nights of good racing. Sat. asphalt and Sun. dirt!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Sportmods don't use mirrors so there is no possible way both drivers were at fault. From watching the video there was only one place to pass which was the outside but nobody would go there.

So agree on that point there is the outside in this class is always open but it just easy to dig in the dirt and take the guy in front out it just that no one believes they can pass up there some of the best passes have been on the outside this year the track has been maintain better than most years so upper side comes in quicker The cars are not on street tires anymore they should be be able to pass in either place on the track but first ever 1 needs to grow what it takes to race up there thats just my opinion every has 1

I for once agree with poorboy for the most part! But the offender made a mistake , and was no way intentional. The ruling may have been questionable, but it happens. It was still a good night of racing! I am just glad my $300 short block is holding up in a sportmod! You heard me right , I have a handful of witnesses. I hope to see two nights of good racing. Sat. asphalt and Sun. dirt!

$300 short block ..now will the real poorboy step forward ..bruce i think he has you beat for the title .....fred the car looked good ..

I also agree with Poorboy about the high line.For so many years no one would use it.Im talking about in the turn of course,some of the bottom feeders like to slide up to the wall in the straight to block any pass hi or low.For many years the hi line was my secret place and made most of my passes there.When Slick Yeoman raced here the last time he passes the entire field mostly on the high side.When the 23 car in our class found it there was no holding him back.Now I see the 68 car and a few others tasting the hi line and making it work.Again the bombers use ALL the track and it scares me to see how close they will run to the wall especially out of 4.

So it looks like we have 3 choices.First start the fastest cars in front so they dont have to pass.Many tracks and series do this to protect their fast cars.I personally think this stinks but thats just my opinion.Theres no show this way.Second we can fight for the bottom,force our way to start a pass when there is an opening hopeing it will not close up before we get by.Thats dangerious because the guy being passed cant see you even with a mirror because your is in a blind spot.You get a run on someone,then they cut to the bottom.You cant stop soon enough so they spin out on your RF fender.Both drivers are mad at each other blaming each other.If your in front and leave an opening,dont get mad if you spin yourself out diving back down to cover that spot.Look at the Bush race from Canada,Ambrose gave the bottom but did not wreck the passing car.I have seen in the past drivers open the bottom on pourpose,then spin themselves out on a car making a pass just to put that car in the rear.Smart trick but crappy sportsmanship.

Third,we can adjust our cars to run anywhere on the track passing hi or low.If a car keeps diving to the bottom on entry,keep the momentum up and take him on the outside and get beside him in the center,then drag race off and down the straight.You can keep him pinned low and have the prefered line on exit,then have the prefered line entering the next turn.This takes big grapefruits and a ton of skill,especially in the faster cars but can be done and is done by some drivers.You cant pass THROUGH someone.Kyle Bush would be on top all the time if he raced here.If more people would do this the top would get cleaned off and rubber up and might even be faster.Lets try some laps there in practice.The car that can run there at speed will have the advantage in traffic.And the fans get a SHOW.

While were talking would some PLEASE dump a pickup load of filler in that pot hole next to the track at the end of the front straight.Its the only place Sat that held water and is so close to the pavement someone always seems to hit it and splash water onto the racing surface.We never think about it until after a shower,all the other trouble spots seem to be gone now.Thanks

I have built a lot of motors in my time and I find it hard to believe that after paying for bearings, rings, oil pump and gaskets, even if you had all the other parts, that you could build a motor for $300. And I agree with Thumper on passing, very well put.

Michael Carlock

Slice it anyway you want, it was not a very wise move. As poorboy stated, there are no mirrors, so there's no way of knowing who is behind you throughout the course of the race. With that being said, if you are behind someone and he/she is "blocking" (not the term i would use) you, you figure a way around him/her. You race behind this person and study what they do in a couple of laps, then make your move. If for some reason you can't get around them, then you go home and do some homework to make your car run on top or stick on half dirt and half asphalt. It seems that the left rear quarter panel is an issue at this track, as many stated earlier, figure a way to run on top and we would see some better racing. Throwing your car in at entrance knowing your car is gonna push, wash, or slide up is not the way to attempt a pass. Oh, and by the way, if I'm leading a race, I stand a chance to get sent to the back because of someone elses mistake. If thats the case, third place is where you wanna be every night. WOW!

THROWING YOUR CAR IN AN ENTRANCE KNOWING YOUR CAR IS GONNA PUSH .. IS MY SENTAMENT EXACTLY ..THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AT CC .AND I HAVENT FIGURED OUT WHY DRIVERS DO THAT ... ITS RARE WHEN YOU CAN DO THAT AND GET A PASS ON SOMEONE ...... CC HAS A HIGH LINE .I USE TO USE IT ALOT IN THE 90.S .....JUST TAKES SOMEONE SETTING THIER CAR UP FOR IT AND HAVEING THE SKILL TO USE IT ..AND I TO WHATCH THOSE BOMBERS . THEY DONT KNOW THERE ISNT A HIGH GROOVE ...TWO AND SOMETIMES THREE WIDE . AND THOSE ARE FULL SIZE CARS ..

I have built a lot of motors in my time and I find it hard to believe that after paying for bearings, rings, oil pump and gaskets, even if you had all the other parts, that you could build a motor for $300. And I agree with Thumper on passing, very well put.

Michael Carlock

They did'nt put new rings or bearing thats how lol

Well I got Thumper back together finally.I used the multi layer gasket.It is about twice as thick.Sounds good but we will see.OT I know how you feel about being worn out.This is the last repair for me this year,if it works or not.You guys derserve a medal for the work you did to get the 3 back to the track and your reward was a blown motor.I did that so much with my modified.Thats why I love the minnies,lots less work except lately Thumper is going through menapause or something.Its Codys fault for setting the bar so high that we all had to step up our game,now theres more screamers.Put that monster head and cheater tires on Lisas car and let her show how is done.Cant do worse than the father/son team/ :lol:

Im glad to see your son and Stevens boys taking the reigns.That ensures many more years for the little cars.Now when I hear " my Great Grandfather use to race with you " then I quit. :lol::lol:

Archived