Rusty Bush Memorial Benefit went well!

debwill

On behalf of Thunderhill Raceway and the Alexander Racing Team, I'd like to thank everyone who generously donated to the Rusty Bush Memorial Beneft last night at THR. I don't have a final count of the donations yet, but Big John was very pleased with the preliminiary count. He said they sold over 200 plates, and almost everyone gave way more than the $6 donation charge.

From what I understand, the donations will still keep coming in this weekend. Some of the racers even plan to donate their winnings. I know Michael Umscheid said he would donate his PrismStream.com money if he wins tonight. And I know there are many more stories along those lines.

Hopefully, we can post the actual contribution amount soon. I know the Bush family will truly appreciate the generosity of our racing family.

For those of you who missed it, the BBQ plate was excellent. The chicken I had was some of the best I've ever eaten. Hats off to the Alexander bunch!

i want to say thank you to mary ann and debbie williams for letting us do this at the track. also want to say thank you to everyone that showed up to eat and make a donation, last i heard we came in around 3000 dollars, but i think there were still some checks that didnt get counted and michael umschied did donate his winnings as well as allen alexander so it was a huge sucess. again thank you to everyone the bush family is a special family to us and when times are hard it helps to know that your racing family is a large one.

big john

The Alexander team is loaded with talented cooks; you can count on R.L. Alexander, Roy "Krusty Rusty" Frazier, Doug "E-Fresh" Homann, Mel Krauss, and even Brad bush will put his crayons down long enough to throw stuff around on the pit. But, typical cooks, they are tight lipped about their recipes and seasonings.

If you like BBQ, and a lot of it, you need to make plans for the 2010 San Antonio Rodeo Kickof BBQ, to be held Jan 29 and 30.

In 2009, everyone at Alexander Racing, along with the Menard Family, displayed 5 race cars, and had 4 or 5 pits burning at any one time. The kiddos, led by Michael Burris, Kasey Krauss, Corey Opiela, and others, handed out everything that advertised racing and Thunderhill, and could have easily handed out twice or three times the number of flyers they had. There was more food than you can imagine, and the menu included chicken, brisket, several flavors of sausage including boudin, pork chops, fajitas, ribs, ham, and I am sure I am leaving something out. And don't forget the trimmings. Take time to watch Frank Menard work huge racks of ribs and fajitas on his open pit. If you go away hungry, it's your own fault.

From what I am already hearing, 2010 will be even bigger.

On another note, let's be thankful that no one in the pits were hurt any worse last night.

Archived