Lonestar Speedzone Question of the Week

Dawn

Hey Folks...

Another off week for the Cup Series...

We are down to a couple of races before the chase so my question of the week for you is simple...YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE REGULAR SEASON...What do you think of what you have seen so far? Do you think Mark Martin finally wins a title? With the pressure of the chase off the backs of the guys outside the Top 12, who do you think has fun and grabs a win or two? What about Tony, Jimmie,Jeff? Does Carl get a win soon? Will Kyle make the chase? So many questions out there... It's an open forum show this week... let me know what you think.

Also, we will talk South Texas Local racing as well this week and visit with some of the States Best...

Give us a call at (210) 736-9760 or (800) 707-9760

Saturday Morning, Starting at 9AM CST on Ticket 760 AM or WWW.TICKET760.COM

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE REGULAR SEASON

***YAWN***.....it should go until the last race at Homestead!!!!

we will talk South Texas Local racing

That's why you need me as a special guest!!! :lol::P;) No wait......9AM on Saturday :( and I wouldn't be "PC" enough.... :o

I could only hope Mark Martin does win it.

You and me both Gunnar......

this season in nascar.....hmmmmm

i think "yawn" pretty much summed it up. i think the lack of testing is affecting some of the teams (chad knaus seems to have the biggest problem with no testing, and it's showing in jimmie's performances)...

but, it just seems like nascar is lacking something this season. there are no real "battles" out there. there's no definitative drivers out there that everyone is chasing trying their darndest to catch and pass. tony stewart isn't in a whole lotta danger of losing first place in points (at least at this point, he isn't), and the other drivers don't really seem to overly concerned with whether they get there, or not.

it's just "blah" this year.....

and, every single driver is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to nice, if you ask me! they apologize at every interview if something happens on the track, they are too understanding about why "who did what to who"...

what happened to the day when guys went out there to kick butt and take names? when drivers still had DRIVE??? (and, love him or hate him, at least kyle busch brings excitement back!)

maybe it's because nascar has too many limits and rules now, and drivers/teams aren't allowed to be INDIVIDUAL anymore...who knows?

personally, i'll be at my local track and catch up with nascar on the "speed report" or online...no real need to watch it much anymore....

i'm not a tony stewart fan at all...but i will say having an owner /driver do the things he has done so far this season, 13 years after they said it would not only never be done but never even attempted again is awesome.

johnson will win again , kyle won't make the chase and we will all be watching college football instead of 'so called racing'

actually the "chase" is just nascar's version of the play-offs like in any other sport...and, i really like the chase idea...it's recognition for the teams that worked the hardest and got to the top...the problem is that nascar itself has just gotten boring. i don't think stewart will have a problem winning this year (although i picked kurt busch in my fantasy league :rolleyes: ), kyle will make the chase, but will probably fall out like he does every year. martin is a great contender this year, but i don't think he can win it. johson? jr? gordon? edwards? <~~~~~anyone seen these guys?? they seem to be "m.i.a" this year...and, i had a lot of hope for kahne, too, buuuuuttt.......

actually the "chase" is just nascar's version of the play-offs like in any other sport...

But with a major difference. When the Spurs enter the playoffs, the teams they beat are eliminated. However, in NASCAR the teams that didn't make the playoffs are still in competition. A team that hadn't run a single race all season could qualify for a race during the "chase/playoffs" and win the race.

Something flawed there.

Seeing their ratings and fan base dramatically errode, I wonder if NASCAR still thinks contriving a phony end of season playoff to "generate more fan interest" was such a great idea.

Nick

I agree Nick I have been reading alot of the blogs andI can't understand what NasCar is thinking every blog people are saying how bad cup racing is now with the cot and rules and what i would like to know is has Nas Car gotten so arrogent that they don't listen to the fans anymore.

I agree Nick I have been reading alot of the blogs andI can't understand what NasCar is thinking every blog people are saying how bad cup racing is now with the cot and rules and what i would like to know is has Nas Car gotten so arrogent that they don't listen to the fans anymore.

i hate the chase .to many cookie cutter tracks ..i hate the car ..i hate the always nice guy ..i dont like bush lol ..they need to let teams work on thier cars the way they should and use to be ..let em tweak here and there ..take the spring and shocks they hand out and burn em ..i hate toyota is getting free passes ...im tired of the same old teams running up front ..except for mark ..tony i dont like much .but he is running hendrick cars .so no surprise there ...i hate that i agree with nick on this one .but what the heck ..

Archived