T.D.C.A. Dir. of Comp. passes away at 58.

C Molis

The Texas Dwarf Car Association's Director of Competition, Jim Vinall, lost his battle with cancer Saturday morning at his home in San Antonio. Jim's presence at the track will surely be missed by all who knew him. Jim raced his last race at Thunderhill Raceway in his one-of-a-kind 1928 Panel truck which he custom built during the 2002 season. Jim, you will always be with us. God Bless your wife and both your children during this difficult time.

JIm was the guy that got me started in go kart racing in the early 70's he was always at the kart races even when he was not in the drivers seat .I have memories of him flaging the races and being a big part of the San Antonio Kart Club.

Once at a regional regional event he was competing and flaging the races when he found himself stuck in the middle of the two columes of karts with one guy tring to get in line and running right up between the two columes. Jim could not step to the side to get out of the way and the driver was going to fast to stop at the last moment Jim used his athletic ability and jumped over the speeding kart and landed right ack where he had been standing.Everyone that witnessed this were shocked that both Jim and the driver of the kart both escaped without injury.This is one of the things I remember about Jim Vinall I was blessed to have Known him. Jim competed with ferosity and kindness he would race you hard and clean and if you beat him and had a mechanical problem he was the first on to offer help ,parts, or both to get you back on the track.My prayers and condolences go out to Dottie and their children,I know he will be missed .

Freeman Motorsports would like to send out there thoughts and prayers for Vinall family. My father and I both raced against Jim and he was a great competitor. He was also a very good race director always keeping everyone informed and making sure that the new drivers always had idea of what was going on and helping them in any way he could. I remember hearing of night in Corpus when my father spun out in hot laps and Jim came out of the corner and went to hit the brakes and the pedal broke, he had no where to go and hit my father pretty hard. Well once back in the pits the first place Jim came was straight over to the trailer said if there was anything we needed or anything broke he would help us fix it or get it for us. Then the night he called the house after we had our run in with another driver at THR and we got the blame for it. Jim stood up for us and said that it wasnt our fault and pleaded our case and basicaly in a sense begged us to come back and run with them but we had already purchased our race truck so it was a little late. But Jim was a good man and I know will be missed by a lot of people. I hope that the TDCA will retire is number in his honor because he deserved it for all that he did.

Josh Freeman

Driver ARTS #42

Archived