Thunder Hill Track Facts

corvette john

John,

Because I live so close to the track, I can tell you that nothing has been done yet. As far as when it will begin, I can't tell you that.

Nick replied to another question about the schedule last week and indicated that he had not heard anything yet.

We all wait...... :(

cs

Thanks cs, hard for the ones with sponsors to hit them up with nothing to give them. I usually give them dates and amount of racing in order to inform them how much they will receive in advertizzzzzing... Dang i'm getting nervous as to what or if they will complete it. have you seen any work machines there ? levelers? anything ?

John,

Sorry, but I can only answer the questions that I know the answer to.. And I do monitor this board several times a day.

As I have indicated in other posts, Mr. Callaway is the person who arranges the THR schedule. I believe that he intends on completing the THR schedule by Feb 1, so you and I should know the schedule soon.

Regarding the widening of the back straight, my understanding is that Mr. Callaway is committed to getting that work done as soon as the contactor is ready. But since I am simply the THR competiton director and not the THR general manager, I really don't have an inside track on such things as facilities, parking, insurance, etc.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

Well sounds like you are going to be great at what ever you are going to do there. You told me and all the others at the meeting you was the" GO TO GUY", sounds like I'm getting "NOT MY JOB", from you guess that's enough for me to understand your not him. So I'll just do like every other year, suck it up and do what I have to, to enjoy what I love the best ... RACING...

John,

Believe me, if Nick could answer that question he would..however, it's not in his job description or realm to answer that question...that's only a question that Brian can answer..

as you know, too, Nick has enough on his plate, too...

Have a great day, and good luck this racing season in the #15!

John,

Did you not see my post?

The schedule will be out on the 1st of Feb.

And Brian is waiting on the contractor to start the work.

I don't know what else to tell you other than that.

Why are you upset with Nick? Nick is the competition race director. He is not in charge of getting out schedules, having work done, doing press releases, race results, points, etc.

Nicks fun has yet to begin. LOL

Anyway it's not his fault, so please don't be upset with him.

The reason I know is because I called Brian and asked him.

What other questions are you needing answers to?

If i can get an answer for you, I will.

Don't take it personal Nick. Most Corvette owners are...............um, what's the word I'm looking for here? LOL, Let's just say making up for short comings some place else. Like maybe patience or manners?

Have to admit the comment about corvette owners... the female said... She's only right about some of them, and since I have to deal with them all the time I would know... Personely I don't own one, I drive a truck. The people who are jealous about corvette owners are worse than the owners themselves, I would have to say. But let me say I'm sorry to Nick. For he isn't the person I should be commmenting to. Kathy I seen your thread after the fact, and Chuck your so right , we miss you at Thr. The natives are restless to be correct. Hard to be calm when all the other tracks and racing venues are way ahead of the track you race at. But like I said I'll do like I have always beed forced to do, and wait wait wait and see.

Stopped by the track today on my way back from Austin. and saw some workers taking down all the signs from the backstretch.

May finally be the start of the work.

Either he needs to get some new glasses or start hanging around some better looking women. Heck, I'm only a LITTLE better looking than Big John.

Heck, I'm only a LITTLE better looking than Big John.

I don't know there, DUDE..I think you and Big John may be running neck-and-neck in the looks dept..

I think we'd have to get confirmation from some women about that statement.. :lol::lol::lol:

Archived