USLMA News

hath27

For Immediate Release:

After much anticipation, the United States Late Model Association has released the 2004 Points payoff. Promoter Sledge Larsen is backing the USLMA Series 110% and it shows!

An increase from $1000 to the winner to $2000 is now on the plate, and the top ten points positions are all now in the money. A total of $6600 is up for grabs in the 2004 chase for the championship, and Larsen states he may not be done yet. "We are still negotiating for event sponsors and a title sponsor for the USLMA, so hopefully we can get even more money for our racers."

The 2004 USLMA schedule currently features three very different racing venues for the 10-race schedule. I-25 Speedway in Pueblo, Colorado, Sandia Motor Speedway in Albuquerque, New Mexico and Altus Speedway in Altus, Oklahoma are on the card with a possibility of adding two to three more dates at additional tracks if scheduling permits.

The highly successful Salsa 100 at Sandia is back on the schedule for 2004. The 2003 version was the largest Late Model event in the region for 2003, with Branden Bonnett of Tucson, Arizona taking home the $5000 top prize.

For more information on the USLMA and for the complete payoff, visit www.uslma.com

Thats not much money for a season end point fund TSRS has about $10,000 and the local NASCAR year end deal can be worth up to $165,000.00 for one single driver and $45,000.00 for another 10 drivers te last two track champions at SAS got $10,000 and $7500.00

For a second year series, its a definite increase from the first year.

And when you consider that USLMA's normal racing expenses are much less than any other LM series, it helps. Tires are only $30 a piece!

Glad to hear that TSRS and NASCAR are doing so well.

racerjim2,

I know TSRS had a $10,000 end-of-season point fund in 2003, but I have yet to see the 2004 TSRS end-of-season point fund announcement. Maybe I just couldn't find it on their newly redesigned website.

As I recall, a good portion of the 2003 fund was provided by an anonymous donor and from the good folks at Hoosier Tires.

Nick Holt

Archived