HIGHLIGHTS FROM 1/18/04 FASCAR MEETING

First of all . . . WOW!!! Thanks to the suggestions on TSZ, we moved this month's meeting to this past Saturday afternoon. We had an excellent turnout, including drivers, media folks (Chuck Licata, Jay Hallas, Bruce Mabrito), TTOPA members and track representatives, sponsors, members and fans. The energy in the room was awesome!

Here are the meeting notes:

The 2003 Treasurer's Report was distributed. Members decided to contribute most of the FASCAR account balance to the SAS Drivers' Point Fund. Additional funds collected will not be deposited until the beginning of February (new FASCAR fiscal year).

FASCAR received a $34 check from cartridge recycling. A discussion was held on ways to stimulate more cartrdige donations.

Christmas cards and a letter concerning the new FASCAR contingency fund were sent to the SAS drivers in December. The FASCAR contingency fund was explained. FASCAR money will go to qualified FASCAR drivers only. Since car shows are part of the requirements, announcements for future car shows will be made on the San Antonio Speedway and Texas Speedzone websites. A request was made for a special section for FASCAR on TSZ.

The Daytona Watch Party will be held on February 15 at Tex's Bar & Grill.

FASCAR award winners have been determined, and trophies have been ordered for the SAS banquet.

Officer elections were postponed until next month's meeting. The Executive Board will meet on January 20 to propose a change in the officer requirements.

Drivers were asked for their input on FASCAR's activities.

The San Antonio Speedway banquet is scheduled for January 24. FASCAR will help with the decorations, door prizes, etc. A program will be available at the banquet.

Driver profiles in the program will be continued in 2004. Driver profiles will also be posted on Texas Speedzone. SAS drivers need to take advantage of posting their profiles on the following website: NASCAR DRIVER PROFILES

A discussion was held on the need for promotions and communication with the media. In addition to TTOPA and marketing efforts by the track, drivers and fans need to help by consistently comunicating with the media.

The 2004 San Antonio Speedway schedule and the latest edition of Rat Traxx were distributed.

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 17.

P.S. If I forgot anything or left off anything important, please feel free to add changes or comments by replying to this post.

FASCAR money will go to qualified FASCAR drivers only. Since car shows are part of the requirements, announcements for future car shows will be made on the San Antonio Speedway and Texas Speedzone websites.

That's a pretty major change there. Here's hoping that will spur a few more drivers to become active FASCAR members.

Nick Holt

Yep, y'all didn't let me down. I figured one or more of you would add a comment or two about my solicitation efforts. But I told y'all I wasn't standing on street corners . . . . . . yet! LOL B)

Actually, since the guys brought up the soliciting . . . I'm looking for door prize donations for the SAS Awards Banquet.

If your racing team or any of your sponsors would like to donate a prize, please send me a private message. I will even pick it up. And, of course, we will make sure the donor's name is announced during the drawings.

I would appreciate any help y'all can throw my way!

:)

Archived