CCSPEEDWAY

Racingpurplelady

Hello,this is Carol Yocum,I would like to tell everyone due to Donnie's health condition we will be selling the race track,CCSpeedway.Gregg Godfrey (DOC) will be the new owner as of February 1, 2004.We would like to thank the many drivers,fans and employees over the last 12 years for making CCSpeedway the best 1/4 asphalt track in Texas. We do think that Gregg will continue to improve the track. So lets give him the chance to do so.Thanks again to everyone.See you at the races.

Sincerely,

Donnie & Carol Yocum

Carol,

Thanks for posting to let everyone know what the current situation is. In the years that Donnie and yourself have owned the track there have been many improvements and knowing Doc, I'm certain he will continue to improve racing here in Corpus Christi. We wish Donnie all the best with his health problems. Our prayers are with you all at this time, please keep us posted on how things are going.

If anything is ever needed I know that there is an entire racing community here in south Texas that will never forget the Yocums and all they have done.

Mark & Tammi Finck

Speedway Video & Photography

Carol and Donnie,

Now the CC Speedway rumors will stop! Thanks for letting us know Carol.

Let's hope that everyone associated with CC Speedway can get on board and support Geoff Godfrey and Owen Pittman.

Nick Holt

W.O.W Looks like the rumors were true . Finally the truth !Now that the truth is out I hope Owen lives up to the reputation he has as being a fair honest person .I think things will work out for everyone racing at the track . The real question is how fair will it be if Doc races ? Will the rules apply to him as well others ? Or to the cars he sponsors ? Lets have a good season .

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Carol & Donnie best of luck to the two of you and we will be praying for better health coming Donnie's way! The Texas Super Racing Series is very excited to be joining Gregg Godfrey (DOC) and his staff this season. Owen has already been such a pleasure to work with on getting prepared for the upcoming season. Again, we all wish the two of you the very best & we have enjoyed our times there with my husband & son running with ROMCO. Thanks for some great memories!

Donnie and Carol, I just wanted to say it has been a pleasure working for you over the past several years. I started out at the track watching my husband race. Then I was offered a scorekeeping job which was a good thing, it was stressful watching him out there racing. LOL Keeping score I couldn't watch him, had to watch them all. Boy, I didn't know what stress was until I became head scorekeeper but I enjoyed it every Sat. night. I got to meet a whole bunch of very nice drivers, fans and employees. I thank you for the opportunity to work for you, without it I would not have met and made so many friends.

Get well Donnie so you can Carol can enjoy your much needed retirement.

Charlotte :)

I just want say that from all of us at Romco Racing, we wish Donnie a quick recovery and hope everything goes well both of you. We will miss both of you around the track. It was a pleasure to be able to work with both of you the last four years. We are looking forward to workig with Doc and Owen also.

Terry Barden,

Romco

Archived