Traction Control Detection

gasman

MAN, THAT TRACTION CONTROL THING IS A WHOLE NEW ERA OF CHEATING IT POTENTIALLY IS G0ING TO BE HARD TO FIND AND ONLY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT CAN AFFORD IT. I THINK IT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED IN DEPTH, AND TOTALLY INVESTAGATED BY JACK TO THE POINT THAT ALL THE RACERS FEEL THEY ARE RACING A SOMEWHAT LEVEL FIELD OF CARS, WE SHOULD ALL FEEL LIKE WE HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN AND THAT WE HAVE A TECH INSPECTER WHO CAN ABSOLUTELY FIND THIS STUFF AND WILL CHECK IT VIGOROUSLY AND I THINK SUSPENSION FOR THE YEAR IS APPROPRIATE IT IS HARD ENOUGH TO CATCH THEOBVIOUS. AND JACK IS AS GOOG AS IV,E SEEN, THAT IS SOMETHING WE CAN,T LET GET STARTED, LELAND WADDELL

Pacecar,

The MSD control detects the type that are made into the msd box or plugged in somewhere during a race. (Davis Type). When TC is not allowed, this is what the cheaters run. The other type you are talking about are mounted externally. You can see them with your own eyes. I dont see where that is hard to police. But, thats ok, they now have a device you can buy at your local pet store that will Zap the racetronics TC device if it has sensors. That is going to be fun. Using TC is actually slapping your crew chief in the face telling him he sucks.

• 4 years later...
Pacecar,

The MSD control detects the type that are made into the msd box or plugged in somewhere during a race. (Davis Type). When TC is not allowed, this is what the cheaters run. The other type you are talking about are mounted externally. You can see them with your own eyes. I dont see where that is hard to police. But, thats ok, they now have a device you can buy at your local pet store that will Zap the racetronics TC device if it has sensors. That is going to be fun. Using TC is actually slapping your crew chief in the face telling him he sucks.

whats this zapper you speak of?

A friend of mine told me that he was at a show in Florida and went by the Davis Technology booth - they told him that SEVERAL of their customers had their devices that ran the Snowball - would not tell him who - AS strick as Brooks is down there you would think he would have this tech tool.

One of the popular ones is a little computer chip about the size of a dime.It is embedded in the carbon fiber dash and is connected with wires about the size of a hair.Another one that they have out is about the size of a cigarette lighter and has two aligator clips on it.The driver installs it right before the race and then takes it out at the end.I have not heard anything about this "pet store" gizmo!!!Tell us more!!!!!

they have some that dont have to be connected,they are wireless,just have it in the car.And they are Itty Bitty.Can be passed off like a hot potato with a simple handshake before and after a race.

Most talented, experienced drivers can obtain better lap times with the seat of their pants and their right foot than those generated by software algorithms anyway, even on the short tracks where most of the Cup teams tend to use them.

Nick

Most talented, experienced drivers can obtain better lap times with the seat of their pants and their right foot than those generated by software algorithms anyway, even on the short tracks where most of the Cup teams tend to use them.

Nick

Damn skippy. If you have to cheat, that just means your not good enough to compete legally.

And as the cost of racing goes up and technology improves, we wont need any drivers or pit crews. We wont even need cars. Holographic racing! you still see it at the track and on TV but it really isn't there! The sanctioning bodies could really pick their winners............................Oh, that's pretty much what some are doing now?

Archived