CC Speedway Website

Flyin34

This may sound stupid, but I want to know for sure. Who is running CC this season?? The pits, general management, who the announcer will be...?? I have heard many rumors, but does anybody have the truth? Also, is there a way to get a copy of the 2004 texas thunder rules? I want to go racing again! Thanks! :D

TX_Trouble,

Owen Pittman is running CC Speedway for the 2004 season. Mr. Pittman has an excellent reputation in stock car racing. I have spoken to Mr. Pittman several times about CC Speedway and I can assure you that he is the one calling the shots there.

Nick Holt

Awww, don't worry about the situation... just close your eyes and walk on in :unsure: . Besides, with Owen in charge you should have no worries. As far as the "other staffers", I think J.D.'s third cousin on his mamas side will be making the popcorn in the concession... if that helps :P

• 2 weeks later...
TX_Trouble,

Owen Pittman is running CC Speedway for the 2004 season.  Mr. Pittman has an excellent reputation in stock car racing.  I have spoken to Mr. Pittman several times about CC Speedway and I can assure you that he is the one calling the shots there.

Nick Holt

He may be calling the shots, as long as it's OK with Doc. He (Owen) had a hard time answering alot of questions last night without looking at Doc for a nod of approval. My question is this, Does Owen have a super memory? they sure didn't take any notes on topics that needed answers. Anyway should be an interesting season,

Ok, I'm sorry, but I have to speak my mind. Since Doc is running the track, how can anybody who he has had problems with in the past get a fair shot? There is no way he can be fair and if Mr. Pittman (sorry, I do not know you) is looking to Doc for approval on everything, any car that gets in Doc's way will probably be penalized. I truly wish that we could have a track that has good management and a good staff, but if everything has to be checked by a man who is racing and gets into it with many cars, how can that be? Omit this if you want, but I am just saying from a dedicated fan and former racer's perspective, I don't think that this little venture is going to work. There are people who can own a track and race fairly, such as Bob Ort, but I don't see Doc as one of these people. So, Doc, Mr. Pittman, and staff, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, prove me wrong and make racing in Corpus Christi what is supposed to be about; fun, family, and going fast!!!!

TX_Trouble,

Ok. You have had your say and I am letting your post remain, but please be warned. I am not going to allow the further rehashing of negative events that transpired at CC Speedway last year.

Nick Holt

I am not going to allow the further rehashing of negative events that transpired at CC Speedway last year.

I Don't see were anything was re-hashed. Just an opinion, seems alot have the same one. I hope we are all wrong and it turns out to be a GOOD Season. Anybody know who, besides John Lee is going to be Teching?

I was wondering the same thing Wyld, I seen no one taking notes either and it seemed to me that Owen does not like confrontation. He kind of shyed away from questions, not sure if he was waiting on Doc to nod or what.

And what was the deal with the aluminum pulleys they could run last year. They give um 100.0 to 150.0 $ cam and racing fuel but...... do not want them to run the aluminum pulley. Owen seemed to be okay with it but the tech sure was not.

All it does is keep the dang belts on. Owen was talking about less cautions, well..... I think keeping the belts on these cars so they do not over heat and dump water all over the track would make for less and shorter cautions. I can not tell ya how many time I have seen the fire crew have to sweep the whole track or half the track for a stupid reason like someone chunking a belt.

[Comment edited out by Nick Holt, 1/22/04]

Wyld_Child,

Texas Speed Zone is committed to keeping this board bash-free and polite and civil. I do edit and delete posts which are innappropriate. If you do not approve of our policies, I am sorry, but that's the way it is.

Nick Holt

To all of you anti-Doc people who post here (seems like just a few with multiple names). Most of you seem to come from the same racing team that has carried this on way too long. The team involved with punching Doc still crys and whines about Doc. CC Motor Speedway may lose a few that cannot control themselves but I garantee they will gain many many more racers and fans with someone actually trying to make the track a better place. All you anti-Doc people can go elsewhere and bitch about him. You WILL NOT be doing it here. And this is your only warning. I hope you agree to this.

Jason

:) Your Friendly Admin :)

OK, I was not going to get into all this on here but since no one will call and talk to me about it I will add some replys.

Yes this is Owen Pittman.

First, I do not take nods from Doc or anyone else, if you noticed the only time Doc ever nodded at me was to tell me no about the pulleys and radiator issue. Well let me set that straight, I wanted to allow this stuff and they (John & Doc) did not. After some consideration as we said we would do, we have decided to allow both the aluminum pulleys and the aluminum radiator that were allowed last year. This will help engine longevity, overheating problems, cautions, etc.

I do not feel as though I shyed away from any questions at all, there was several questions that I did say I would like to get back to everyone on. As for taking notes, Mike Riley was taking notes for me and if you did not notice the several times John Lee spoke I was writing things down so I do not understand that comment about not taking notes.

We have several other Tech people in mind, one of them is a local mechanic named Mike Sobczak, he worked with me on the TAMS crew and is very knowledgable.

Wyld_child- I understand from my wife that you were very upset about not getting your number, I am sorry about that but we did the numbers the same way they have always been done, if you do not race the prior season then the number is first come first serve. We looked at the points from 2003 and you had no points therefore the first person to ask for the number got the number. Seems fair, if for some reason the Yocums left you out of the points then please give me a call.

Last but not least, everyone will get a fair shot every weekend. I do not care about problems in 2003, this is 2004 and we are starting with a clean slate. Give me a call anytime if you feel you are not getting a fair shake.

Thanks again and I hope this helps.

Well Jason,

I do not see where anyone has bashed Doc or anyone else. As for crying or whining well I do not see that either. I take it you do not race?? Well as for the same racing team hummmm..... I do not see that either. Just for everyones information Strike Force is no longer and has been for since last season. I do not see how anyone who does not or has not raced at CC can be so one sided as far as what has gone on. Some people have a good reason to say what they do and you have no idea. You just want everyone to agree with you and what you think, well I am sorry that is not how the world works. Everyone has the right to their own Opinion but no here! Here it is only what you and Nick thinks is true or have heard from other people because I know for a fact you where not there.

We could care less about the fight that happened last season and have no brought it up at all, the only thing we care about is how people will be treated this season. My husband has been racing there since 2002 season and is liked by all drivers. If he hits someone on the track it is a accident and is sure to go to the driver after every race and say sorry.

He even said hello to Doc at the drivers meeting Tue. night and Doc just stuck his nose in the air and did not say anything. What kind of track owner is that???

As for this board you have rules and it is okay for you not to follow them, I see in the rules no bad language well hummmm what it the word Bitch??? We have not cursed or bashed anyone. But you are so one sided you do not want to hear anything else.

WE RACE at CC and other tracks and we own race cars we are not just spectators or hearing things from other people and posting our opinion on what others have said, we are involved directly.

What is a forum board for anyways??? I guess this one is just for what you and Nick want to hear.

You can ask any driver from CC about my husband and they will tell you he is a clean and very polite driver and will help any one.

I am sure this will be deleted and I will probably be ban from this board.

There sure are a lot of opinions being expressed in this thread and that's good. Everyone has opinions and should be able to express those opinions freely and believe me I have plenty of my own... what everyone needs to understand is that this is a whole new situation for everyone involved and y'all shouldn't form your opinions based on things that have happened in the past seasons. Judge all parties involved on what happens from this point on and if you do that you might be surprised at how your opinions will change in time. As for myself, I choose to go into the 2004 season without an opinion and with an open mind and I will let the actions of the track owner, manager and all others involved form my opinion as the season progresses.

:)

racin4fun,

Your post just put a smile on my face after reading it. :) :) So get ready and hold on this novel is going to be a bumpy ride! :D

Let me start with your last line.

I am sure this will be deleted and I will probably be ban from this board.

You forgot the "ned" after ban. Fixing your grammar mistakes is childish and this is not elementary school so I will not attempt any others and I too will have a few of my own in this post. It is reverse psychology. This line I have heard too often and it actually shows someone who is afraid they will be banned from the board and their message will be deleted. Yes you heard me correctly, afraid. I remember a while back Dave Despain mentioned he would stop reading emails that said "I know this will probably not make it to the air, but." So how should I handle this? lol I will just analyze it and give you a piece of my mind.

As for this board you have rules and it is okay for you not to follow them, I see in the rules no bad language well hummmm what it the word Bitch??? We have not cursed or bashed anyone. But you are so one sided you do not want to hear anything else.  

Ahh the word bitch. It can be twisted and used in all kinds of ways. Lets head on over to Dictionary.com and see just exactly what the word bitch means! :)

1. A female canine animal, especially a dog.

2. Offensive.

A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.

A lewd woman.

A man considered to be weak or contemptible.

3. Slang. A complaint.

4. Slang. Something very unpleasant or difficult.

So let’s put all this into use and let me explain it. It would be "bad language" if I called someone a "bitch". But no why call some a "bitch" when you can just call them a "decrepit old has-been"? If you own a female dog, you have a "bitch." Go into a pet store and say, "I want a bitch." You’re asking for a female dog. That would be politically correct, wouldn't it? Ahh and then using the word "bitch" as a complaint. Wow! Isn't that how I used it?

All you anti-Doc people can go elsewhere and bitch about him. You WILL NOT be doing it here.
Yep, that sure is how I used it! And I stand by what I said. You have your own website with your own message board. Your buddies who were with the now defunct Strike Force "team" also had their own. Oh wait and then there’s the infamous Bashers102 site. Go there and bitch. Opps I said it again.

But you are so one sided you do not want to hear anything else.

I am hard headed. Get it right next time. There are two sides? There is Doc's side, and then there is Wes's side. Wes punched Doc and his side still wants more. Pitiful. Sad. Doc is the owner of the track now and he can do anything he wants with it. If I were him I would not allow anyone involved with Wes or his team (Strike Force) back at the track period. Aren't you lucky I am not running the track?

Wait I don't even race! Yeah, I'm an 18 year old poor college student who is going to college so I can be successful and afford to race. Your post sounds almost like a former track owner's post that came at me the same way. "I don't race so I have no idea what is going on and I know nothing". This shows nothing but ignorance.

I do not see how anyone who does not or has not raced at CC can be so one sided as far as what has gone on. Some people have a good reason to say what they do and you have no idea. You just want everyone to agree with you and what you think, well I am sorry that is not how the world works. Everyone has the right to their own Opinion but no here! Here it is only what you and Nick thinks is true or have heard from other people because I know for a fact you where not there.

I already said I am hard headed and if I think...KNOW something is wrong or right I will voice what I think. How does the world work? Why is the sky blue? What is the radius of the earth? Why do jellyfish have stingers? You know how the world works so answer these. Well I can answer all 3 but give me a few minutes and I can think of some really good questions. Do you pay for this site? Do you add anything to this site to make it better? No. You just cry and whine about the Doc.

the only thing we care about is how people will be treated this season.

So you are still worried about how the Doc might treat you and your team. I wouldn't be fair. I would make sure the guys who were cheering Wes when he punched the Doc would have a pretty bad year at the track. Slip a guy $50 and see what he does. Owen has already stated on this site that 2004 is a clean slate. No one will be treated badly. No one. Why aren't you a very trusting person?

He even said hello to Doc at the drivers meeting Tue. night and Doc just stuck his nose in the air and did not say anything. What kind of track owner is that???

Oh please.

You can ask any driver from CC about my husband and they will tell you he is a clean and very polite driver and will help any one.

Did I mention anything about your husband and if anyone liked him or not? Did I say he was dirty? Do I care? No.

So there you have it. Wow I cannot believe I wasted so much time writing this post. What a waste of time! If you don't like Doc then go cry about it on your own forum. I am not going to have any of it. CC Motor Speedway will be doing well for years to come with or without your involvement. So I didn't delete your post. I didn't ban you. You haven't earned a good banning yet like some of your future peers have.

I hope you have a great day!

Jason

:) Your Friendly Admin :)

Archived