Flag Man

Clear Lake Race Fan

From what I saw he stood the entire time. I'm still on the young side but I had to sit and take a load off the feet.

You're still on the young side?????? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaa.....

Compared to Tom.

If they gave a prize for sychronized flagmen like they do swimmers, the guy would win the gold medal. How he stayed in sync with the flagman on the stand is amazing. He drew such crowd interest that Tim Bryant ought to hire him to assist Spence. I think Danny, CLF, missed half the race watching the guy.

Vir,

It's funny that you said something about hiring him. I thought he was someone hired by the track and questioned some of the tech officials. He was amazing to watch, especially because he was so in sync with the flagman.

Even dirt is on the young side compared to Tom. (Did I go too far)

Yup, ya did. As I speak, I am contacting the snow Gods to drop a big one on Pittsburgh........Gonna break your Texan self in good on that weather........ :)

On a serious note, it was good to see you and Rusty down there. Was it everything I told ya?

He was fun to watch. We sat straight up from where he was on Sunday. He sure was serious about it too. A guy came by and tried to give him a candy bar, he just motioned to put it on the bench and kept flagging and watching the cars go by under a yellow flag. He would watch the flagman and when he threw the green he did also, same with the other flags.

4" of snow today and they had to de-ice the plane for some employees flying in today from there. Let it snow now while I'm at PRI. Good old southern weather.

It was good to see ya as well. That was the best racing I have ever seen. Alot of respect between those guys. I will be back next year and will try to get tickets close to ya. I realized I'm in the wrong business; tires and bodies is where the money is.

• 2 weeks later...
3 years back went TMS and all weekend he was there doing the same thing. We saw him later Saturday night at the dirt track and he was the under flagman for SUPR Late Models that night. That must be his resume looking for a job I guess.

He's now the Lonestar Legends starter. Friend of mine infact.

Archived