Steve Osborne Front Page news!

abrungot

That article was awesome. It almost made me cry. We usually pit next to Steven and I am always amazed and inspired by his spirit and determination. I am looking forward to seeing him next season.

That is the kind of article that I was talking about when I said that the newspapers should be notified and asked to do special interest pieces on special drivers (age, gender, disability, illness etc.). Someone on another thread even suggested writing the article yourself and sending it to the newspapers. You never know when it will be a slow news day or they just need an inspirational story. That could bring a lot of attention to the track, there are a lot of inspirational stories out there.

What a blessing. I am sure this is wonderful news for Steve and his family. I met Steve just this past year as a member of the newly formed Thunder Stock class at THR. It is a privalege to race against this man on Saturday night. It is an inspiration to me, to see this man overcome a horrific accident and not "give up". I am sure it has not been easy, I cannot fathom the feeling of loss, that this man has endured and overcome.

Steve you handle a race car better than most. May God continue to bless you and your family. You may not realize this and people may not say it to you, but you have shown an "inner strength" that most of us will never know. Keep your head up!!! Leonard Flores III Thunder Stock #66

Does anyone else remember the night Steve won the 2005 RR OktoberFAST feature? What an incredible accomplishment. That was the same year as his accident unless I'm mistaken.

There weren't many dry eyes at SAS that night.

Check out this 2005 thread ---->http://txsz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic...l=steve+osborne

Nick

It was by FAR the biggest applause and Standing O that San Antonio Speedway has ever and will ever see. I remember being up on the trailor not even having ever met the man but just hearing his story and we were stoked and going crazy for him.

Then he spun me out at THR last season. :lol:

You're an Awesome guy Steve and a hell of a competitor.

I saw him win this year at THR and the crowd was excited. I cheer for him every race. I don't know how many people see him right after a race when he gets out of the car but he is exhausted. It really takes everything out of him. When I saw him win the feature this last season, he got out of the car for pictures and almost fell to his knees. Can someone post that picture? I wish him and his family the very best. I was excited for him when he told me at a driver's meeting that he was getting new hands. He didn't say it, but you could see the joy in his eyes just saying the words.

Aaron, Can you post the picture of Steve's feature win this season?

He is a hero to all of us on the 07 Grandstock team and we are proud to say that we have been blessed with knowing him. When we needed a new rearend this past season, he gave us one and also some engine parts to repair a blown engine. He is a kind man. There are not like him in this world.

I just read the thread that Nick posted from his win at SAS. Almost made me cry just reading it. I did not know Steven then but I can only imagine how incredibly awesome that night was not only for him but for all of those that were there to witness it.

Archived