COMPUTER TECH INFO-----HELP!

rebelracewriter

OK using the new windows home vista (CRAP!) if i cut/paste from an e-mail directly to post on here, it turns it into one long sentence(no paragraph breaks).

But.....if I cut/paste it to wordpad, it will show up as sent. Then I can cut/paste from there to a post on here.

So WTF????? :(:angry: Doesn't do it on my home computer with windows xp, or when my old laptop had windows 95, with a 98 update.

OK using the new windows home vista (CRAP!) if i cut/paste from an e-mail directly to post on here, it turns it into one long sentence(no paragraph breaks).

But.....if I cut/paste it to wordpad, it will show up as sent. Then I can cut/paste from there to a post on here.

So WTF????? :(:angry: Doesn't do it on my home computer with windows xp, or when my old laptop had windows 95, with a 98 update.

all i have to say.... "welcome to Vista" and dont it suck that the only place i know of (best buy) that still sells XP Pro other than EBAY still wants to charge $299.99 for it... sorry microsoft, you TOTALLY screwed everyone with this escapade! on a good note, i did hear through the grapevine that a MAJOR, HUGE update is in progress to be released soon... spossed to fix most of the problems and is done over the internet, herd it was spossed to take 30 min to 2 hours to download on cable internet...

-Shawn

check the cd that came with your computer, every new computer that we have order at work has came with a cd to move it back to XP. It works like the upgrade cd for 98 to XP. only it is a real upgrade I cant stand VISTA or Explore 7. I am still trying to figure out why they always have to screwup a good thing. :angry:

Has many "issues".

As do I with it!!!! :angry: Doesn't have a damn spell check on it either!!! And......Yes I need it!!!

Reb,

If your Vista doesn't have the move back info. PM me, I'll get you the phone number to Microsoft. You'll need your Vista license #. When you call them they will give you another license # for XP Pro.(This is the roll back) software.

Good Luck,

Mark

So glad I don't have Vista. The guy that runs a computer repair shop told me he could take Vista off and reload XP. I don't remember the cost but it seemed reasonable. They also build their own machines and will load vista if the customer wants it but they recommend XP.

Archived